This is a breather!!

, , 22 comments
21 May 2005: This day, a year back, a came to know of my selection into the university where I’m currently studying. Thank God so much for it, for otherwise I would have been just another engineer, not someone I wanted to be.
****************************
A whole year has almost passed since that really boring trip to Kolkata (actually the Belur Mutt) that we made, one of my most boring vacation trips. It was filled with confusion over whether I would join this university, and somehow, irritation over the issue;
****************************
I wonder at my highly lowering levels of tolerance (they were better a year back!) as I sigh when I hear someone yawn out loud or slurp when they eat. They were never great, but now they’re worse and I shudder to think how they will be by the time I come back home next time. Gosh!
****************************
I at times think if I made the right decision on doing this internship here. It’s taking most of my time on weekdays. Wow! Isn’t work life also going to be like this?? Maybe I should have simply lived through those three months of vacation happily instead of joining the internship like a crackpot? :) Well, no point thinking about it now, it’s done and I should get through it. It’s not that bad, after all; I am learning, though slowly and having fun, though quietly.
*****************************
I have watched about five English movies, good ones. And a very funny tamil movie, Chandramukhi. Waah, what acting, direction, screenplay and anything else! Good time pass, though. Eagerly waiting for some new Rahman movie to release. The 1857 martyr thing is coming up soon, right?
*****************************
Also got my grades. Not bad, quite unexpected, though! Got an A in a subject I just didn’t expect and a B in a subject I was sure I would crack an A. I’m breaking my head slightly thinking about the subjects I have to do next semester. They will be whopping seven! That really requires proper time management!
******************************
Oh, forgot about the haircut. My hair no longer reaches my waist, now it’s a trendy half of that length….it felt strange for a couple of days after I got it cut, as it’s been so long since I had a proper haircut, but now I’m fine. And this has the modern, yet I-can-be-traditional-too length. Perfect!
******************************
I also tried my hand at cooking for the people at home and ended up making a small-scale disaster; the pasta I made was just not right. Something missing, though I could never figure out what. Some deliberate thinking revealed that I had just boiled the macaroni and tried to flavour it, instead of frying it in little oil. So for my cooking skills! I’ll never learn in the near future. ;)

22 comments:

Ram said...

hey Vani- great to know u r having fun...enjoy! ;)

Sriram said...

Enjoy chennai while you can! Oh and BTW, what was that about you not being able to view my blog? If this problem persists, shoot me an e-mail (ID can be obtained from my profile) cuz i don't wanna lose one of my readers ;)

Harish said...

yup. Mangal Pandey's audio is due for release.. can't wait! Trailor link anupatuma?

btw, meet-ku varae la?

Vani Viswanathan said...

thanks minimal ego!
sriram, it's fine now...but about 2 weeks back it was giving some problems...
ya harish, i am coming!!! ciao there!

Kay said...

"just another engineer" --- Damn it :PPPP
Oh u r in to ur internship there. 1 stone 2 Mango ????

Blogger meer eppo ???

Anonymous said...

ensoiing huh???

internship!!!!! well i hafta learn a lesson or 2 abt time management from u.....

and "jus another engineer"... well engala kojam asinga padithina madri theriyudhu..... danx....

Anu said...

adipaavi...hair cut pannitaya??:O..but u cant reach my level...isn't it?? ;)
"Yet another engineer.." Hmm...NO comments!

Anbu said...

yup, thats 1857:the rising..More than ARR its main attraction will be Aamir Khan who will be on silver screen after 4 yrs...
Meanwhile you can watch Bose...A brilliant movie by Shyam Benegal..

Woodooz said...

The next Rehman movie in Tamil woudl be Ah Aah.. The SJ Surya Starrer. Am eagerly awaiting that too...

Incidentally I got my grade in accounting today... a Shocking D :o((((

I can understand it being a good time pass, but why was Chandramukhi fuuny ? I thought it had the best storyline (though lifted from Fazil) in a long time in tamil... and Jo rocked the show towards the end.

Vani Viswanathan said...

jaganlee,
i saw chandramuki a week after i came here itself, that's about 3 weeks back. sadly, got time to blog about it only now!
kay,
tension aavadhe! :P chumma gumbaloda nanum oruthiyaa irunthurpen, thats what i meant! :) yup, one stone two mangoes, adhula internship stone now hit me back! :(

Vani Viswanathan said...

kay, btw, bloggers' meet got over yesterday, was good fun!
a,
sadly, learning time management from is no good an idea! i'm almost cursing myself for taking up the internship! and as for engineers, i said that coz i would've been a really bad engineer, "yet another" to the probably jobless list, if i had been one!

Vani Viswanathan said...

hi kristin!!
thanks for dropping by! just looked through your blog, will pay a proper visit soon! :)
anu,
NO comments- i know!! ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

anbu,
hi!
ohh, MY attraction for that movie would always be ONLY A.R.Rahman's music!should catch Bose sometime, heard it's really good....
somu,
hi to u too!
i thought SJ Surya's movie was called BF??? cha, late wid gossip-aa? n ooops, let's forget grades for sometime now! :P as for chandramukhi, basically trying hard to make it a rajini movie (all those senti dialogues, u know...) and jo's amazing telugu thittus were rocking funny for me! ;)

Woodooz said...

nah... though the movie is still popularly known as BF... its been officially changed to Ah Aah... Well, as for Surya, he has created the hype he wanted that ppl still believe it is BF...

And Chandramukhi was funny for me too... The introduction of rajini with his bruce lee style kick was too much he cud ask for. And Rajini's intelluctual dialogues (Chronic psychotic disorder) was something I could not digest. Anyways, coz am a hardcore Rajini fan, I came out happy with the movie.

Grades are forgotten till the next exam... Anyways, am just doing this as part time, so A or no A does not matter... Though it did matter when I was doin my engg.

Unknown said...

"1857 martyr thing.." r u talking abt "1857 the rising"

Anonymous said...

Vani Singaporela cook pannedhellam pathaadhunnu Chennailayum cook panneeyaa? You should have just stuck to mummy's cooking and spared them of this torture :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

somu,
hehe, thanks for the clarification! :P and as for rajini's dialogues, its "pshychotic"!!
nagu,
hi! yup, it's 'the rising' only, i forgot the name!
uma,
veetla irukaravangluku paavameynnu pasta panlaan nenachen, avanga nejama pavam aitanga! :) aana, thiruppi ozhunga panni kuduthen :P...so ippo enna solreenga?

Vani Viswanathan said...

and for all the people commenting here,
it might take some time before i could visit all ur blogs...this internship is kinda killing me!

Vani Viswanathan said...

c.s.prakash,
nope..not 5 movies in a day!i ain't no powerpuff gal..only chennaigal :P its 5 movies spread over the days and weeks...as for the malayalam movies u suggested...i'll see if i can get them...most mal movies always are good..and mohanlal, i like him!

Enchanted Mind said...

21 May 2004.....

Oh well....no wonder that day was lucky for you !!! They say gr8 ppl are born on that lucky day...
BTW, did i tell you I was one of those who was born on that day?

Enchanted Mind said...

Welcome to chennai.....and read abt ur talks ignoring the rest of the bloggers in the meet.

Krish said...

Hi Vani:

You are on camera at Chennai Central's weekend post (sorry to use a canned comment for all the bloggers for informing about that post since I don't have time to write individually to each). That post itself was many hours in the making :-)