Honk, honk!!!!!

, , 34 comments
I just came back from riding the Scooty Pep on the street. Wow! Doesn’t driving a vehicle give you so much of confidence? As I wheezed past familiar buildings and my legs were stationery (as compared to the cycle which was quite often my last own means of transport, where I had to pedal), I was experiencing a wholesome amount of joy. The breeze rushing on my face gave me utmost satisfaction. All this as I was going straight. Then came the time for me to take a U turn. The vehicle was brought down to zero acceleration (by me, of course!) and I started pushing the vehicle with my legs. It was in the middle of this U turn that I realized how dumb I was (quite late, eh?) and started accelerating. I went straight ahead and stopped just in time to avoid hitting a gate. Whew! Then back to straight again.
The U turn was getting better all the while. After some time I was able to take perfect U turns without taking my legs off the vehicle. Awesome! I just couldn’t help gleaming at myself in congratulation. This was good fun to some road rascals who whistled. But I like to take things in some optimistic way :P I took it as those jobless guys were appreciating how my efforts paid off.
Going back to the last semester vacation I was here. My sis was here too. It was her vehicle and she insisted being around as I rode it. So she sat behind and to my utter horror, I couldn’t go beyond that 10 on the speedometer. All the while she was giving me instructions from behind. Sis, of course that’s nice, sweetie, but you must know you completely freaked me out! This time I was able to make nice 25s and 30s and the vehicle is fine too. :) Don’t worry.
I’ve got major plans to get my LLR and then the permanent license too, if possible, before I leave. Got to wait and see how many of these plans actually work out.
There’s a lot more to be done before I can even think of getting a licence. I first have to go past these horrible roads! I wonder how on earth I’m going to do that. I somehow feel the space between two vehicles (though huge) isn’t enough for my vehicle to pass through and I wait for those to gain some distance ahead of me. I act as a traffic cop and wait for all humans and vehicles to go, stop or do whatever they want before I go ahead. I feel stupid, but well, I’m getting better. I still am the traffic cop, but am getting wiser! :P
Yeah, for sure, I’m going to have at least an LLR before I leave! And I’ll “put the 8” also properly!!! :)

34 comments:

Woodooz said...

Practice is to perfection... and good luck with ur LLR and Liscense !!!

Btw, when are u gettin ur own vehicle ?

Harish said...

idhenna license season-a? :)

All the best w/ ur LLR! Ettu podumbothu kaal keezha vekkaama irukaradhu mattum-la, hand signals-um kudukanam!

By the end of it all, driving kathundiyo illayo, karagaatam kathunda satisfaction irukkum!! :)

Art said...

:) good one. Even i tried to ride my friend's vehivle. And another friend was sitting behind me giving instuctions... It was fun coz at times i used to be on 60 and when required i used to be on 20. It was such a confusion :)
All the best for ur license.

Sriram said...

He he he...you gotta learn 11 also to get a license here...:)
well all the best for your efforts...
and best of luck to Anu for her vehicle's safety... :)

Anu said...

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...!! en vandi!! en vandi!!!
After I left, you people are taking turns on it, is it?? And me, poor me, am missing it so badly here!!! I hate buses!

Enna ya, vandi la ukkandhu kalalla thallinaya?? Over aa illa unakku idhu..idhulla unakku license kanavu veraya?? ;)

Ok ok, license vangarthukku practice pannu but take care of my darling ok?

Vani Viswanathan said...

somu...
own vehicle-aa....i'm not gonna be here most of the year...what'll i do with a vehicle for myself?
harish...
ennadhu kaila signal kamikanumaa?romba over-aa irukka? haha, so karagatam kathukka practise aidum??

Vani Viswanathan said...

art,
hii! guess it's difficult to ride when someone's behind u giving instructions...i agree!

sriram...
nothing is wrong with anu's vehicle! :P it's all safe and sound!

Vani Viswanathan said...

anu,
pisa...ur darling is perfectly fine...we've infact got it serviced!

Sriram said...

LOL,, interestingly, me also got my license here to drive. now that I've been given the license to kill,err... drive, I'm looking forward to showing off my "chennai" driving style to these darn people here ;) maybe s'pore needs a dose of chennai driving as well.. go burn rubber there kiddo! get the license. Out of experience, it is always fun to scratch your brother/sister's vehicle "accidentally" and see how they react.. *runs away from Anu*.. Peace!

Anonymous said...

Accident pannama kathutta adhu nalladha illa...... sister's vandi thane...... try drivin faster.....

aana license vangum podhu slow aa daan ootanum.....

Vani Viswanathan said...

Sriram and A,
yean, enakku nalla oatta oru vandi kadachadhu unglukku pudikaliyaa? hmm...anu, don't listen to these people, i'm taking care of your pep properly! :) i'm a nice girl, u see....ahem! :P

~phobiac~ said...

A sonnathu right !!..... vandi nammalathu illana....speeda ooti....vizhinthu....idichu kathuka vendiyathu thaane....

nalla dappa aana udane...return pannidanum...vandi nalla ilenu solli !

Anu said...

Adapaavigala, ellam sendhu en vandiya oru vazhi aakarthukku idea sollringala?? Odhai kidaikkum!! Vani, I trust you! (for once!);)

Vani Viswanathan said...

thanks, akku! though you could've avoided that wink icon and the parenthasized words...hmph! and guess what....two of my ads for the supper theater have been accepted...hurraaah!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Scooty Pep-la 20 thottathukku blog-ey pannitaya nee?! :)

License-a?? 8 shape-la odi kaamikkalamnu idea vechirukkaya nee? Vandi oattanum di vandi :)

Adhu varaikkum un sis vandi-ku edhuvum aagama irukka en wishes, edhaavathu aachu-na condolences :)

saranyan r said...

go for the car license :)

btw. 20's and 30's nice ah unakku :) adhukku nadandhey poidalaame :)

Sheks said...

inga LLR vaangi,singaporela BMW otta poriyaa????

Anonymous said...

my coll rules says that vehicles r to driven at less than 20 kmph..... i tried once and ppl taking a stroll overtook me..... and so we decided to break the speed limit from the first day....

but after such a long time after establishing this coll, the new dean CHANGED the rule.....

the speed limit remained intact.... but we arent allowed to take our vehicles through the campus..... :(

Vivhyd said...

Adada.. Kozhandai.. scooty otae kathundta...

First time here!!! :)

Chakra said...

Gud luck for your license... 8, 11 ellam poda kathukko.. but 20s & 30s are a bit too much.. :)

sathish said...

what else is sis vehicle fr 2 learn & damage as much as possible... elder sis can afford 2 buy a new 1!!! :-)
but if u move the vehicle with legs instead of accelarator then how dya xpect license??!! :-)
rendavadu, akka/anna/appa otumbodu pinnadi utkanda adikadi solluvaanga meduva po meduva po... but they will race...

Chez said...

Try going at 35 next time. If it doesnt again blame it on Anu...

Hope u dont do that 'Agent Cody Banks' sorta thing with the Inspector looking. :-)

Vani Viswanathan said...

first of all.
ahem...(i mean, all of u listen.) i stay in usman road.
if i go beyond my present 35-40, my parents won't let me get a license.
rendu, slow n steady-aa oatanum. next vacation check it out..i'll be zooming past in 60s!!! :P

Vani Viswanathan said...

dei praveen...
edho unna nambi yaaro vandi vaangi kuduthaangannu pesariya...mavaney, unna bloggers' meet-la engya paatha gavanichukaren...unakku s'pore lendhu chocs vangitu vandhen..good thing...my cousins ate most of them, rest are for me....so..?

Vani Viswanathan said...

saranyan,
speed improving...seekramave 45ku vandhuduven..adhukumela inga otinnaa, naan gaali!
sheks...
s'pore-la motorbike vaanga kooda enkitta kaasu illa. point one. point two is ippo thaan two wheeler-ey ozhunga otren, adhukulla car-aa?

Vani Viswanathan said...

a,
ayyo paavam....endha coll idhu? best is to get out of such a horrible one! :P
jaganlee,
en akka enna 10-la thaan ota vitta! :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

vivhyd...
hello!! cha...unglukey ananyaama illa...ava ava indah vysula cycle kooda ota theriyama irukaan...naan scooty otren illa? ahem! ;)btw, what does ur name mean???
chakra sampath...
first 11. apram 7 1/2 !!! ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

sathish...
pushing wid legs was coz of cycle hangover! now i'm great! no putting legs down!! :)
anand,
hehe...now 40 also can!

Unknown said...

Vani,
Chocolate-ey gaali aana appuram unakku mariyaathai kedayathu podi! :)

Vivhyd said...

@ vani ... cycle kudae otae katukaadaven kudae laam compare panadhae... onodae level adhu kaana perisa irikunom... name - viv frm my name and hyd - for hyderabad.. :)

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey,
nice post.
Jus chanced uopn and read this.

Am 25 and not learnt to ride yet, lack of confidence i must say.

Ur post is inspiring and i belive, i can take to riding again.

-WV
tionali