Happy Birthday, bloggie!!!

, , 36 comments
My blog turned 2 yesterday! It's a pity I realised that only when I was talking to a friend in passing about the blog! And suddenly, I realised I have been religiously (well, almost!) checking it regularly and so on. Of course, it's taken a beating now that I've started my internship and only have time to return, eat and get back to sleep after choosing what to wear the next day, sigh. Life's sooooo monotonous now, I wonder how it'll be when I start working full time!!

So, two people have tagged me now, and for the lack of patience to type anything else, I take this one. WA and Sandhya tagged me to declare to the world, 5 things it didn't know about me.... Let's see...

1) There are some things I wouldn't tell anyone but my cute blue book. The book has seen it all, floating-in-the-clouds times, thrilled, excited times, disappointed times, angry times (I like to run my hand across the page after I've written on it, to see the impression it's made - it's like a measure of my anger!)

2) My good impression of a person goes down drastically when I realise she/he smokes. I don't know why, but I can never be a good friend of such a person - there's always some distance! Before I came to Singapore, I used to feel the same way about people who drink, but well, 3 years away from home changed my opinions. But I haven't met any totally drunk person, so let's reserve judgment till then! :D

3) I hate girls who dress up fashionably and wear make-up. I hate girls who even dress up or wear heels. I hate make up. It takes a lot of convincing to get me to wear anything other than compact and kajal to work. And I detest heels, and I hate girls for making them a norm. Whatever happened to simplicity, natural beauty et al.?

4) Music runs every minute of my waking hours, when I'm not talking. If it's not playing, I'm humming or singing in my mind :P Finally came to know yesterday that I can play music when I'm working, as long as others don't hear it!

5) I love to walk. If there's a person with me who I'd love to talk to, or my music player by some strange coincidence guesses my mood and plays the appropriate songs, I just feel like I'm in heaven. Oh, that said, it's very easy to make me smile, make me happy or change my mood. Something as stupid as a song listened to after long, or an ice cream can send me into screams of delight!

I guess almost everyone I know of has been tagged! Anyway, let me try - f2f, Bhargavi, Chaos Budha and...
err, no, I really can't think of more people! :D

36 comments:

Asha said...

No. 2 and 3 is sooo me! Amazing. Makes me wonder how you look like again. *sheesh* Now, I totally "understand" why some of them are "dying" to meet me.. lol.

Happy birthday to your blog. And keep the vibe going.

Ramya Shankar said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary !

I totally agree, heels must not be a part of women's formal wear. This is so not fair ! And I love to walk too! :)

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

buisness etiquette demands women to wear heels ..atleast that makes them stand above the rest ;) so enjoy .and yeah no thanks for the tag .in case you did not realize i got tagged before witchoo did ;)

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

Danks!! And well... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO this louuuuuuuuuuley blog with the most dearest of stories and heartfelt posts!!!

Agree 100% with music and walks and the blue book...well... just that it is red in my case! :D and it is BOOKS!!! :D

Aravind said...

Happy Birthday to ur blog :D

>>my cute blue book

aaha.. interesting.. will we get to read it?? :P

Know what? If I had been tagged, I would have probably written ur points 2 and 4 in my list!

Vani Viswanathan said...

asha,
thanks! you know, we should meet up sometime!

ramya,
thanks! :)
>>>This is so not fair
you read my mind. i curse heeled shoes everyday!

Vani Viswanathan said...

mark,
**raising eyebrow**
and yeah, now remember you actually took the tag long ago! :D

sandhya,
yay! gimme a five!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary,
Hope to see more n more good postings.

Have Fun

~Harsha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your blog!!

Anonymous said...

wishing ur blog a hap hap happy bday!
well,now..err..i know wat a tag is but err..dunno wat exactly being tagged means..explain karogi na?

Anonymous said...

oops!save ur explanations..jus finished da task.:)

Krishnakumar said...

Happy Birthday to your Blog :)

Anonymous said...

Seems like i have written those 5 points word for word.

Happy Bday and let the blog keep maturing.

Bijesh said...

happy birthday, bloggie..

I'm glad there are a few women who actually believe in point 3. I think most women put too much into appearance, clothes, et al.

I find it weird that ppl don't mind drinkers but have a thing against smokers, druggies, etc. All's about intoxication and addiction, so why the partial hatred.

alright.. lemme stop. :-)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

congrats vani.......hope u churn out more and more interesting stories :)

ithula some of the points u have already let the blog world know thru ur posts......... so ithu sellathu sellathu....... :p

btw. profile la about me eluthunga nu sonna ippadi 20 marks essay eluthara maathiri eluthi vachirukke :p

neway....bfore u come running wild at me, here is me wishing you the happpppppppiest new year :)

Dude Hyderabadi said...

wow ! 2 years ! That's very good ! I'd be celebrating that a few months away., but happy 2nd Birthday to your blog ! :)

I spent hours n hours over the past year reading hundreds of blogs... wonder how i didnt come here., but now i'm glad I did... will blogroll u... happy blogging ! :)

Swamy Srinivasan aka Kittu Mama said...

Wishing u a very happy 2nd anniv and many more successful yrs of blogging !
Just came across ur blog couple of weeks back :(better late than never), good work, keep writing !

radiantbear said...

Since alcoholic's are still underspeculation, a non-alcoholic toast to 2 years of wonderfull writing.

prithz said...

U have a cute blog here.. first time here.. :)

V resemble one another in a lot many ways i guess.. feels nice to meet another person like me :)

Harish said...

Wow...Cheers on 2nd year.
Dont wear make up? My roommate himself dresses up for almost an hour changing costumes before he goes out somewhere.
I have no idea how he has the patience to do that ;)

Thenraj said...

I think u start hating the people who smokes comes from the uncle from the previous post :-P

Nature beauty is always good..that shows the real beauty..

Thenraj said...

I think u start hating the people who smokes comes from the uncle from the previous post :-P

Nature beauty is always good..that shows the real beauty..

Thenraj said...

I think u start hating the people who smokes comes from the uncle from the previous post :-P

Nature beauty is always good..that shows the real beauty..

Thenraj said...

I think u start hating the people who smokes comes from the uncle from the previous post :-P

Nature beauty is always good..that shows the real beauty..

Harish said...

"that said, it's very easy to make me smile"

adhu therinja vishayam aache :) u are the only one who laughed for a mokkai that actually got me beaten up in class!!

Priya Arun said...

First things first: Happy Birthday to your blog! :-)

And me totally totally totally goes with you on 2 and 3.

Oh..forgot.. long time no see! :-)

Vani Viswanathan said...

aravind,
aasa dosa!!

harsha and saran,
thank you!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

bhargavi,
:D read it!!

krishnakumar,
Thanks!!!! :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

vishnu,
yeah??
thanks!!

biju,
well for one thing, drunk people don't make me choke and cough like crazy! ;)
thanks!

Vani Viswanathan said...

rs,
hey, hey, idhu boangu... my profile used to be much longer earlier! i really like this one!
thanks! :)

dude hyderabadi,
thanks!

Vani Viswanathan said...

kittu,
thanks! :)

javits,
cheers!! :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

prithz,
hi!! just read your blog a coupla weeks back.. if u're in s'pore too, we must meet up sometime! :)

harish,
LOL! congratulate him on his patience!

Vani Viswanathan said...

thenraj,
:) before i cry myself hoarse saying this, that story was fiction!!!

harish,
:P
u see, i'm quite good humoured! ;)

priya,
hey, hi!!! thanks a lot! :) welcome back!

Aravind said...

>>aasa dosa!

Me no need Dosa... me need blue book! :P

Unknown said...

Totally agree about this smoking stuff. Yaaruppa adhu dosai pathi pesuradhu? I am hungry now :(

Chakra said...

Happy Anniversary.
Visiting here after long, long time.