Happy happy today

, , 2 comments

There is something downright magical about listening to Rahman in the red-and-white headphones. Increase volume, close eyes, be transported. Listen to the at-least-five levels of music that is making life surreal. Kannil, kannil, kannil inba kanneerae!

I love my dissertation. It rocks. If over the next few months, due to the sheer volume of work I have to do for it, I begin to crib, do me a favour and point me to this post.

I managed to cook Rasam all by myself today. Choosing the amount of salt, rasam powder, everything. I don’t know how it’ll taste, but I think it looks promising.

There is a weird story stuck in my head, and I don’t know how to get it out in time, before it stops being weird. Why can’t there be a machine that can just transcribe what runs in my head?

The weather here is simply beautiful. A warm, cosy sun. A chill in the air even at 8am. Perfect for hour-long walks, with Amma pointing out children’s parks she used to take me to, and hole-in-the-wall restaurants we ate at.

Chennai is less than a week away. That means my Chennai people, beach, candyfloss, maangai, unbearable heat, Subbaiya bajji, Broken Bridge, Kapali kovil, Pondy Bazaar.

Singapore is three weeks away. That means my Singapore people, my Singapore places, my NTU and my awesome Asian food. And so is Cambodia, a nice swimming pool, centuries-old beauty, happy pizza and Pub Street.  

2 comments:

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

please to ping me when you are here..

Shyama said...

Aaaah yes! Nothing like an ARR fix to make your day!