I missed you badly!

, , 14 comments
Let me see...the last time I blogged was April 02, 2005. Wow....that's 10 days!!! This is the longest break I've taken from blogging ever since I started! And in between, so many things have happened!

*** 01:45 A.M. My mom would be freaked if she knows I am up at this "unearthly" hour. Oofff...studies!!! Oh my God!! So now it is 12th April, and that means tomorrow I have my exams!!! Lord....Take care of this lovely angel (ahem, don't wonder who, it's me!) you sent to earth...She needs your help! :)

***Some marathon studying and doubt clarifying sessions: On 10th April, four of us got together to study. And for the very first time in my life I studied for almost nine (ya, NINE!!) hours at a stretch. (Of course, none of the study mates were Indian! ;) ). Not just that, we also tortured two professors yesterday for two hours each with doubts, all the while trying to get some hint about questions which may come up in the exam! Hm....they were really cautious professors, though!

***Wow...one break from blogging and I see some silly spam comment! And I'm trying hard to see how to delete it but my mind is refusing to work right now. Yeah, I surely need to hone up my html skills and related stuff! What's that three month long vacation for????

***Amazing news. Home in 16 more days!!!! Every time I eat, my mind wanders to "this time, -- days later...." and I start fantasizing about home food and HOME!!!!! Yiipppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***First year in college drawing to an end. Isn't life too quick!!! Boy, I am going to second year.... "Vani, year two!" Hehe, I'm beaming...and am proud of myself! GrEaTtt!!!!!

***I've spent a year abroad. I've learnt to manage life successfully (ulp, ok, to some extent!). Life abroad surely teaches you so many things...and the responsibility I now handle makes me happy and contented, and not to mention, proud!

***Two of us managed to cook some good stuff. Actually, I didn't do much cooking, the other girl did it, all I did was to pass on the ingredients when she asked for them..but still, WE(!) cooked!!!!! Some mashed tomatoes and capsicum, beans curry thalicchufied with groundnuts, sundal with groundnuts and sprouts (umm, this didn't turn out the way it wanted, it was more like the masala kadalai we get in our Marina beach, but nevertheless..) and so life was fun in between.

***My maggi skills are getting amazing. Now I make maggi in three minutes compared to the 7 to 8 I used to take before. And, it tastes good! :)

Hmm..cannot think of more. So happy to start blogging again.
Eyes are shutting themselves down. Shut down the computer and sleep, they say. Ya, let me obey them (ha, it's nice to talk this way, as though once in a while I oblige my eyes' requests..the truth is if they give a petition to close, even hint at it, I'm there, sleeping blissfully!!! )
Ya, enough.....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vani,
Good Luck with the exams

saranyan r said...

hey vani, going to chennai in 10 days, wow. is this ur first trip back home, if so it would be memorable. have fun.

Anu said...

Study well! Crack your exams!! And come back home..:) Me, waiting!:)

Harish said...

Oy.. All the best!

S m i t h a said...

You are writing ur blog entry as bulletted points!! I would say you are more than ready to take on ur exams :D

Promise to write more once u r free and i'll pray that the q-paper has all the questions you studied. May the force be with you!

Ram said...

welcome back! goodluck with ur exams...

Krish said...

All the Best for ur exams...and good that u learned to cook Maggie...:)

First time here..ur blog looks interesting!

Kay said...

DAV ponnu

India poriya super kalaku
Nanna enjoy pannu :))

Chakra said...

all the best for your exams.. hav a great trip home.. nsoy!

Vani Viswanathan said...

hey all!
uma, saranyan, anu, harish, smitha, minimal ego, krish,kay and chakra sampath, thank you all !!

yup, smitha, just see how my blog is gonna be when i go back!

saranyan, nope this is my second journey back home...that's the nice thing if you're studying abroad, you could get to go home every vacation (coz staying there is more expensive than the flight tickets! ;) )

Sriram said...

Yo V! For some reason, I didn't get an "updated" message when you posted this. ANyways, good luck for the exams, and have fun when you go to madras. Peace!

Krish said...

Take it easy gal. Happy Thamizh Puththaandu (now that is a good combo for Tamglish :-))

Unknown said...

Amma vaani....inga romba naala naanum post panna try panni nondhu pootaen!! :(

Atlast new year adhuvuma success :D

Iniya Puthhandu Vaazhthukkal :)

And all the best for exams :)

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

Vani... All the best ma! Can't wait for u to come home!!!
Missin u....