Malay Islamic Beraya, Reformasi, Vision 2020, Rukunegara, Pancasila!!!!

, , 20 comments
Ooooooooffffffff!!!!!!!
These words are threatening me even in my sleep! They are some terms associated with media and national values in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei. Yeah, right, I am studying about these....
I'm learning about how Malyasia's national ideology Rukunegara influences the programming in that country. And similarly for Indonesia's Pancasila (hey, that's like our Panchasheel) and Brunei's MIB (not to be confused with Men In Black). I'm looking around here and there for the relation, as though the relation is hiding somewhere in my closet in the room.
Now I hear that Brunei is the smallest member of ASEAN. I feel like laughing, oh no banging my head on some wall. Sevuthula poi muttikalam pola iruku. (Things sound better when they're said the way should be, right? )I always wonder which idiot thought of making Singapore a sepearate country, given that it is this small...and now Brunei!! Enna, is Brunei the size of our T.Nagar or Mylapore? :D
My desk is going to break down any moment with the weight of the things on it....my notes and powerpoint slides are so muddled up that no form of arranging seems to help and I end up searching things again and again...they are just a huge pile and without doubt, it is irritating!
My wall is adorned with photographs, things to do lists and finally, words of inspiration: Study Study, Wake Up, Study and one another nice saying about I Will; all in the hope that looking at these will spring me back into action! Yes, they are successful to a certain extent, but Wake Up, Study will be effecient only if it is on the ceiling! (No, I'm not taking the risk to put it up there..)
Whew...tired of trying to find a link between everything I read and Singapore, that is the way we are tested here! Audience Feedback determination methods....how will this be brought into a question that talks about Singapore? Hmm....need a break!
So watching Friends. It is one of the best serials I've ever watched (of course, considering the ones I used to peek at like Metti Oli or Kolangal). It makes me laugh so much that I wish I could go on watching forever! (Yeah, this is where the Study Study on the wall comes to my rescue and asks me to stop with this episode!)
Oooops....this is enough..I've blogged nonsense! Let me get back to AC Neilson and Taylor Nelson Sofres and how they get TRPs. Guess Ekta Kapoor or Thiruselvan will be more interested! :)
Need some prayers!

20 comments:

Sriram said...

chinna suggestion! instead of friends, try Everybody Loves Raymond or even Seinfeld. my opinion is that they are better! anyways, don't work too hard.

Ram said...

i started off as an enemy("Friends" pudikaadhunnu solravan paeru "Enemy" thaanungaLae!), but i should say i have started liking "Friends" now. "Seinfeld" is better any day, though. and about talking nonsense in this post, cant get it more right :P.

Unknown said...

Nee padichu kuzhambinathu poraathu-nu engalayum confuse pannariya? Sathigaari! :)

En wall-la study study-nu ellam ezhuthi vecha, enakkae porukkama konja naal-la kizhichiduvaen :)

Harish said...

naan mattum thaan confuse aanaen nenachaen.. paravala Praveen-um adhe case! :D

All the Best, Vani..

and bring me a copy of Friends if u do get it on CD!! :)

Rajesh Prabhu said...

First time here. I didnt read much of your writing, but by the end of your 'short-about-me', I was liking your blog already. Chennai forever :)
PS: I will read ur writings late ;)

Kay said...

Sriram kudukara same suggestion I am giving :)

All the best Vini Sorry Vani :P

saranyan r said...

I second Sriram, try watching Seinfeld, Friends is nothing.

all the best, you have only a few more weeks to ur India trip :)

Anonymous said...

Need some prayers! - I can see that you all are gonna keep Ferrari's prayer club busy this summer :) Vani, if you haven't heard of the prayer club yet, ask Curses and Praveen about it:)

Anonymous said...

hey vani...me read ur blog..n found sum points ...to draw a comparitive note...
1)voila both o us r 2nd sem communication students...u abroad me in b'lore
2)u like maddy...me 2 love him
3)u like KM...me 2 love dat mov..dats d only mov ive watched a zillion times...
4)like d way u use tamil in ur blogs...sumthin i must start ..esp after seing blogs like urs..mathis, smaraa..etc..bloggin in tam seems cool...will start soon
naan seekarame yen blogula tamil incorporate panuva...inspirations
5)me not like ne kinda sitcom..ne language..tho am a communi student...thank god we r not asked 2 write abt em...i wudda killed myself :0)...i cant get myself 2 watch em
6)also am too paaionate abt my city blore despite all its fallacies..ill defend it wen under threat!;)
ok dats a lonnng list...ill stop...do visit my blog..n ill take ur advice o increasing the font size...
hey also realised dat ur exams r goin on...all d best...mine ju got over..

Sriram said...

Quite amusing to see some one slogging hard on exams! atleast for some one like me...who always depended on one day battings... :)
Anyways, all the best!!! do well...

Anu said...

Typical end of the sem mess!! your room and your thoughts and hence ur post!! enna ennalamo per ezhudi title la bayamuthirukka?? But imagine, blogs are "do what u want places..", you already have 11 comments on THIS post, including mine!! ;)) hee hee..

F e r r a r i said...

Ennama nee. Brunei pathi saadharanama sollite. Andha sultan of brunei kitta evlo dhuddu irukku theriyumaa?
James bond solluvaaru 'Size doesnt matter' appadinu :-)

Vani Viswanathan said...

sriram, minimal ego, kay and saranyan, thanks for the suggestion! will catch seinfeld next sem! :P
psst...is it available on the internet?

Vani Viswanathan said...

haha sriram,
monday exam...i'm chillin' out! :)
minimal ego,
konja tension aagi adhellam ezhudhiten...kandukadheenga!

Vani Viswanathan said...

praveen
blog post-aa chumma apdiye padichutu ponum...unna yaara rukunegara pathi ketaangala? btw, exam goin on how?
harish,
endha season venum?:P anyways i only have a cdrw, not dvdrw, so cannot fit too much into a cd!

Vani Viswanathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vani Viswanathan said...

keyser soze, welcome aboard! chennai truly rocks!!!!
kay, vini unna romba tension panra polarkey! ;) neeyum adha mudikardhaa kamichukavey matengra, eh? cannot find ending wad?
saranyan, now it's just 5 more days! :)
uma, avanga enna vidhyasamaana oru prayer club category-la sethutaanga! paravala, prayers thaan venum! ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

rams,
welcome! whew...we have quite a lot in common! anyways, goodluck for your results :)
sriram, what to do, gotta study if i'm in univ! it's ok, otherwise even college life'll be boring! :P
ms. anu, now i have 17 comments including this! heheehe...
prabhu, brunei sultan does not have just money, he has even an 18 yr. old wife! (who looks very pretty also!!) he lives life! :D

Unknown said...

Vani,
Exams not yet started di! Friday laenthu dhaan irukku aappu! :)

Anonymous said...

Came here for the first time, and left a comment in your maggi post.