Trials and tribulations

, , 22 comments
It happens everyday. At least twice a day. It starts with my hands shaking to such an extent I’m scared they’ll just fall off my shoulders. And then it happens. And it leaves me teary-eyed.

I’m not suffering from depression. It’s just this difficult to put a drop of eye-drops into each of my eyes.

It started more than a month when my doctor suggested I use these drops four times a day to reduce the irritation in my eyes because of staring at the computer screen for long.

Things were fine as long as I was at home, because someone used to hold my head down and put the drops in. I tried to do it myself as my vacation was coming to an end, saying that I would, after all, have to do it myself when I come to my hostel. It usually never worked out properly, and someone else would end up doing it for me.

Now that I’m away, it’s a pain. I push my head and force the eye open with one hand, while the other shivers with the bottle held over my eye. I can see the drop hanging at the edge of the nozzle, stubbornly refusing to fall out. It seems like eons before the drop falls down. Alas, it doesn’t fall in my eye – for the jerk that my head gives when it sees the drop is on its way to my eye( :P), the drop lands on my cheek. Repeated tries get the drop closer to my eye, moving from the cheek slowly upward, until it falls on my eyelashes. By this time, my eye gets dry and painful. Process repeated after a minute of ‘rest’. And sometime, in a stroke of luck, it falls into the eye. Process now repeated with the other eye.

The only thing that’s keeping me going with the eye-drops is that I don’t have to use them after 28th of January. I don’t know how effective they’ve been, but who cares? Just four more days to go!

22 comments:

My days(Gops) said...

most of the complaints are settled before they go to trial... but here ?? complaining abt the trials>
hope u wont hav any irritation aft Jan'28th

:) LOL

Sheks said...

wear sunglasses while working the computer or use a radiation filter for the monitor to prevent such irritations in future.

Ramya Shankar said...

Ouch! 28th isn't far!! Good for you!

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

simple- just ask ur room mate to put the drops!!! Idhukkellam oru tensan-a? enna di achchu unakku? :D

Vani Viswanathan said...

my_days_are_counted,
definitely...no trouble after the 28th!!

sheks,
wanted to buy the radiation filter...went to the shop: $28, i put them back with reverence and returned ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

ramya,
:)

sandhya,
God...How come I never thought of this easy solution?! *claps* podi pisa....naanga sendhu room-la irundhu rendu perum muzhichundu irukardhu romba aboorvam!

Sheks said...

28$!!!in tht case use sunglasses.no other way!

Sheks said...

date 28th naala thaan 28$ price-aa???

Harish said...

28th kannu operationa enna?

Harish said...

try a water pistol :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

sheks,
renduthukkum edha sammandham irukkanu neeye yosichuko...

Harish,
adapaavi....kannula drops potukarduke naa ivalo scene panren..idhula operation nu solreengale! hehe adellam onnum illa....one month drops potuka sonnanga, that's why 28th!

Vani Viswanathan said...

curses,
water pistol-a aim pannarthukku yaara venume!! aana nalla idea-va irukku :P

Jagan said...

first line pathu , i thought u had some addiction to drugs or soemthing .. or may be kakka valippu...matter evolo sappi ah mudiyum nu naan ethir parkala :)

TamilPonnu said...

oh man!! I had the same eye irritation a while back.. the doc gave me a Gel instead of drops..GEL is so much better.just squeeze a small amount inside the eyelids.. and roll it around with ur eyes closed... I love it! Next time ask for the Gel
(Genteal)

Vani Viswanathan said...

jagan,
sappai matter-a ipdi introduce pannardula naa expert! ;)

tamil ponnu,
gel?? are u kidding? i don't know why, but suddenly i find drops much better! (maybe it's coz i can stop using them tomorrow ;) )

Yours Truly said...

Yaaaaay!! Just one more day to go :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vani,

After all oru eye-drops 4 days pottukarthuku, ivaaaalooooo scene thevaiya??? athey blog la pottu, athukku ivalo pere reply panna vechu... ennathu ithu.. chinna pulla thanama illa irukku... ;)
(just 4 joke.. not to offend anyone)

SKM

Anonymous said...

good!! jus one more day to go!! :)hmmm.. last day anniku atleast 1st trail la.. direct-a eyes kulla vizha vekka try pannu ;)

TamilPonnu said...

lol! see it worked!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

yours truly,
yayy! inniyoda thollai mudinjadhu! :)

SMK,
hello....oru month-a potundu iruken drops-a....thank you, chinna pulla thanathukkum reply panna ungaluku porumai irukke! ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

fun2fun,
nee sonna neram inikku morning coreeta potuten! :D

tamil ponnu,
you bet it did!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vani,
Anyways, its over now right? Am replying just coz u've got my initials wrong its not SMK. Drops potta side effect-aa? ;)
Yeah. am well-kown for my patience ;)

SKM