Choice

, , 9 comments
Choice. How one simple word has enough potential to make you stop and think hard about something.
I stood there, torn between the two things drawing me to their sides. Is there really a choice? 'You always have a choice,' the words came to me. Said by some wise soul.
Soul. I had some soul-searching to do. Which would suit me? Both beckoned earnestly. I was at the boundary, given the tough job of choosing. My insides groaned. So did I.
My eyes wandered all over my immediate surroundings, looking for clues, cues, hints, to help me. That only made it worse, and I had to force myself to focus on my only two choices. Choose. Choice is a privilege, I knew. Not here. It killed me.
I closed my eyes. God, give me the power to decide. Give me the wisdom to choose the better option. Whichever would give meaning to my life, immediately. Is that asking for too much?
Someone slapped my back. I opened my eyes. 'Choose one, fast!' I heard.
Dairy Milk. Toblerone.
I'd rather be without a choice.

P.S.: Konjam kadi element popped up :P School's begun, and final year is no piece of cake. You have to do a final year project, study, apply for jobs, wonder how first years are getting hippier (:D) and worst of all, act like a responsible person. Losing my license to be myself at an alarming rate. What's to come?
And oh, did I tell you Chennaigal's family is back in Chennai, and Chennai is good ol' home again, and hopefully for a looong time to come? :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all ..... welcome back to the sunny lil hellhole we like to address as "Singapore" .... *grin*

trsut me, tat'a a easy one ... i have been known to mill around the snack counters juz making up my mind ... in fact tat's wat i remember most about my growing up period ... long flashes of me standing in front of candy counters drooling while eciding to spend my money on the hershey's bar or the liqourice stick or the fruits and nut bar .... nowadays i am all for dark chocolate .... bittersweet, juz the way i like it ....

anyway did u go for the dairy milk .... dairy milk always triumphs over tobelrone anyday ... at least in my eyes ...*wink*

Ramya Shankar said...

So, what did you pick ? :P

(Mis)Chief Editor said...

poova thalaiya potta theriyum!!
ithuva/athuvaa paarthuvidu!!

kannu..ithaan easy route!!
athala..athaan namma route!!

ithu epdi keetu?!!

Harish said...

idellam rrrroooomba over...

Raj said...

he he...nice one! :) And yeah, I agree with dante, Dairy Milk would win in my case! :D

Vani Viswanathan said...

dante,
thanks, and dairy milk always wins, yes :)

ramya,
kucchh meetha ho jaye!

Vani Viswanathan said...

ranganathan,
rajini range-kku oru dialogue-ey solli mudichutengley!

harish,
i know :)

raj,
thanks! and yes, dairy milk eppodhum :D

Magesh G said...

hi..i was just searching something and ended up on your blog..

nice post..start was very interesting and I thght something too philosophical to come. here my post on almost similar topic..
http://mageshg.blogspot.com/2007/01/choice.html

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

bloody brilliant post!!!
:D
:D
:D

Dairy Milk, ANYTIME!!! :D