Jodhaa Akbar

, , 8 comments
When I got out of the cinema, I felt good about the movie. By the time I got back, I was madly in love with it!
What do I talk about - Rahman, or Gowarikar, or Hrithik or Ash or the numerous other things in the movie?!
I'm mad to the extent I immediately wanted to watch it once again - immediately! I tried to write something about the movie, but I didn't know what to write - it's not the case of words failing me, but more that I didn't want to write anything for fear I might say something and spoil the ethereal feeling around the movie... ah, brilliance!
Must, must watch.
It's a beauty, in every way.

Just a word of caution: Don't watch it with people who cheer and clap for the craziest things in the movie without realizing it's a period movie and the director's done a wonderful job of it. Or if you are someone like that, then don't watch it in the cinema. Because every time you cheer or jeer, there is someone like me angrily cursing you under her breath.

8 comments:

Vinesh said...

wow, is the film that good?
was wondering whether i should watch it..

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

oh i hope you are not biased (like me or many other in the blogger) coz this is our Rahman's movie....

this shud be a solid hit just for Rahman :D

Shutter Bug said...

im dying to watch it!!!!!

S m i t h a said...

i watched the movie after reading this post :( wrong move
you owe me Rs.150 and 3.5 hrs of time.. i take cash or cheque or coffee

Aravind said...

The film was brilliant!!!
OMG!!! Ashutosh has done a brilliant job...
ppl complain about the length of the movie, but why even talk about length if u are not bored for even a single minute?
I lovvvvved every bit of the movie!!!

And, oh.. ya.. This is undoubtedly Rahman's best background score!!! I dont even want to wait for anything else... Rahman is set to sweep all awards for 2008, for Background Score!!!

Aravind said...

BTW, where did ur "alphabet soup" disappear?! Shows just in my bloglines feed!!!

Anonymous said...

the movie was a drag.

S said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie for the scale in which it was made,its grandeur and most of all ARR's music.