Hide and Seek

, , 5 comments
I first saw her on my way home from work and stopped dead on my tracks. Bright, big and beautiful, she was shimmering in the night. It was captivating. Without any hesitation, I decided to go in pursuit of her.

Of course, she wouldn’t give in that easily. She felt mischievous, and hid behind trees, turned into buildings, and sometimes, vanished into thin air, till I’d stop again and looked wildly about, for she could have gone anywhere.
And then, I found her.

She grinned at me from between the trees, and I realized how silly I was to have gone looking for her in just one direction.


Lost in my thoughts, I lost her again. I walked aimlessly, forgetting my way home and forgetting where I was. My shoes were pinching my toes and I winced in pain with every step.

Finally, I found her again. Her shine made me find her, and I fished my bag for my cellphone to get a picture of her. Alas, it was of no use – nothing could capture her glow, the sheer intensity with which she radiated her happiness, and I was forced to just give up and stare at the beauty. Rich, creamy, surprisingly, even spotless. Kaise Mujhe playing in the iPod was the perfect accompaniment to the out-of-the-earth feeling, as I stood stunned at the wondrous capabilities of God – how could He make the moon, dripping with radiance akin to that of a gushing, happy bride? How did He know of Music?


I came back, wishing to talk to no one, just wanting to savour every bit of those few wonderful moments, and reliving them by playing the song, longing to be able to float in a dark pool with the song playing and the moon shining brightly up a dark sky.

P.S.: I know the pictures are quite awful, but that's the best my old camera could do.

P.P.S.: While gushing over the moon is quite normal for me any Pournami, apparently, today's moon is/was the brightest and biggest in some 50-over years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post.

I do have a pic taken of moon using my digital SLR camera, which came out well, but with normal digital camera..its all blurred.

http://flickr.com/photos/digiviz/2143806087/

Ramya Shankar said...

I noticed it today! I somehow imagined it like someone had pulled it closer to Earth with a lasso or something. . ala Bruce Almighty. :D

Anonymous said...

nice post ... wish i could say the same for the pics ... *grin*

anyway seen slumdog millionaire .... nice uplifting movie ... and the soundtrack by rahman is brilliant to say the least ....

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

wonderful creation indeed. sadly god just dropped it on top of earth ....its still dropping ...

Vani Viswanathan said...

Vipin,
Gosh, that picture is AMAZING! I want a DSLR.. NOW!!

Ramya,
It was, wasn't it? :) I just couldn't notice any of the stars he'd put there - the streetlights here ruin everything :P

Dante,
Hahaha.. I know :P
Watched Slumdog M. I think everyone who thinks otherwise is simply jealous of Rahman!

Kausik,
Who knows, someday we might be able to go up there and see the earth from there!