How air-cons ruin my life

, , 16 comments
Well, yes, they do ruin my life. What would should have been a blessing turns a curse. And it's all here, in Singapore, where day and evening (thankfully, not the nights!) they torture me into slow illness.

As I sit through lectures and tutorials everyday, slowly, air-cons freeze me into numbness. Yeah, physically and mentally. To such an extent that beyond a point I feel like a body just made alive by thawing after being frozen as a part of some cryonics study. As soon as I'm free to go out, I feel like some captive tortured by unique methods running out to freedom. But oh no! You only run out of a freezing air con-ed room to enter the bus which is cold too. Thank lord, though, at least I could control the little air-con outlet in the bus.

At times, or no, always, the closed corridors are colder than the rooms themselves that I would think kenathula gudhikardhu is surely a better option than leaving the room. And yes, the rooms are not good, either. Inside, I would sit trying to cover every little portion of my hands or legs that are exposed to the chilling air.

Enter trains, AC. Enter canteens, AC. Enter TV Lounges, AC. Enter labs, you would almost freeze to death. Even after having been here for a whole year, I am unable to stand it. I would feel so content in life with that ceiling fan...instead I have to return everyday with head aches and colds because of the air-con. And not to forget the innumerable number of times air-cons make me sneeze.

I wonder how girls here come in the shortest of mini skirts possible and sit in this freezing cold atmosphere in theatres. God! Fine, you could say romba naal pazhakkam but these places are like igloos!! They sure do deserve awards.

Well, there is no escape from this monster. All I have to do is hope that I get immune and don't react abnormally. :)

So much for air-cons!!!

By the way, I realised my posts are getting shorter and shorter! No, not good lah!

16 comments:

S m i t h a said...

well, u r from chennai lah! "Hardening" process, me thinks.. LOL
>>shortest of mini skirts possible..
really? maybe u should also adapt :P

ioiio said...

They r my no.1 enemies when it comes to acads.. It makes me sleep in the class effortlessly even b4 the prof says "Hi"

Harish said...

and here I am, spending most of my time cursing the sun!

Gnana Kirukan said...

I also wonder how these girls here in london wear nano mini skirts and walk in the cold weather!! ellam kali kaalam - but who cares -we are entertained ;) - LOL

Gnana Kirukan said...

btw singapore is an awesome place - I visited last year - wuld luv to go again!

Anonymous said...

ellam neram..... sittin back in chennai we wish that every class happens in the air conditioned seminar halls....

inga air con um illa mini skirt um illa....

my pea-sized brain thinks u made this post only to infuriate the readers back in chennai......

Sheks said...

we in chennai cursing hot weather.
mumbaikars cursing wet weather.
u cursing artificial winter.
orey curses maiyamaa irukku.

Agnibarathi said...

ikkaraikku akkarai pachchai!

Vani Viswanathan said...

s m i t h a,
(cha! typing your name is damn difficult lah! ethana space naduvula...)
>>really? maybe u should also adapt
yaen...nadungi saagarthukka? :P

ioiio,
aaamaa....edho air con illati class-la romba theevrama gavanikaramaari!! ;)

harish,
you'd love the warmth there if you come here, i swear!!!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

arjuna speaks,
hello! welcome!!
hmm...ungalukaavadhu entertainment...enakku amazement!!!

a,
if you have this freezing temperature even in madras i'm sure you'd hate it!!
and btw, romba alaiyaadhe! :P

sheks,
poem kalaks!!! :)

agnibharti,
yes, grass always green on the other side. what to do....

~phobiac~ said...

imagine my life in a super cold place 16hrs a day....

btw ...yaar athu nano mini skit paththi pesarathu?....yen athukku wht korachal ??.....yen yenga pozhappula manna vaari podareenga ??

Vivhyd said...

nice post vani.. knw wht.. the problem comes during Fall and Spring.. when its slighly cold outside but still AC is on.. making us freeze to death.. as u c in summer its ok with AC on and in winter ofcourse it is heated.. I observed tht.. :).

saranyan r said...

mini skirts and weather -- I have the same question too :) but lot of those girls would have had a drink or two before venturing out .. so there goes.

Vani Viswanathan said...

phobiac,
enna koraichal-aa? ellamey koraichal!! ;)
vivhyd,
no...no heaters here during winter! but i think they're kind enough to increase temperatures in the air-con so we don't get frozen!
saranyan,
a drink or two?? now, that's interesting....i never thought of this ;)

Vinesh said...

I am totally averse to cold temperatures...

Chennai "rainy season"-leye nadunguven :-)

You should wear some warm clothes....Girls look good in thick warm woollen too :-)

யாத்à®°ீகன் said...

hm.. me liked when i was out here at sun.. running,playing....

adhai paarthutu inga irukura namma DC,ABCD makkal ellam.. enna veyil enna veyil-nu sollumbodhu..
dei.. apidiyay. .konjam 2 varusham rewind pani paarunu namma guondar (adhaan gowndamani) style-la oru odhai vidanumnu thonum theriyuma...