Pisa!

, , 19 comments
When Phobiac asked me what 'Pisa' meant, it sent into a long, nostalgic journey, stretching three years, into school, into a totally different life (Phobiac, did you ever think one question of yours would give such a chain reaction?). From that time, three years back , 'pisa' became an integral part of my life, assuming more than one form and dimension.

It all started in my class XI when I had to put up with this incredibly idiotic and irritating person in school; one who made my life miserable. It was one bad day when this person had gone beyond limits that I wanted to yell something bad at her, some word which would be powerful enough to withstand all the vengeance I wanted to pack into it. Though the word I had intended to say was 'pisasu', because of all that anger within me, the word became mutilated to 'pisa'(with a hiss in 's'), just like Saraswathi did something to the tongue of Kumbakarna so he asked for some boon he had just not wanted to ask. And lo! 'Pisa' seemed to be much more useful than 'Pisasu' because 'Pisasu' was just a kiddish version (what I used to call my sis when she irritated me beyond levels.). The word 'Pisa' thus entered my life, only to stay on forever.

What further strengthened the bond between me and 'Pisa' was the welcoming of one another Pisa into home; she was this 'Candy' doll my sis gave me in class XI (Now, now, no discussions of class XI and dolls being presented! FYI, my sister got herself that doll in that age!! :P ). This 'Candy' doll was so scary to some people, and yeah, even in broad daylight you could shake her in some way to make her look scary. And when you are sleeping and she sits crouched somewhere, a so-life-like figure, you could even end up screaming. Such is the 'Candy' doll's power. For further help into visualising 'Candy' dolls, if you have seen all those 'pei' movies in Tamil where this cute doll goes about with knives, stabbing and killing people, 'Pisa' could so fit into that category. Only thing, she does not wink and close her eyes like those scary dolls in movies.

As my new 'Candy' doll looked like 'pei', I christened her 'Pisa', though oh God, she is no way close to the real 'Pisa' in school. My doll 'Pisa' is a sweetum, cutie pie. Thinking of dolly 'Pisa' sends into me pangs of anguish; she is not with me now. There in my friend's home she is, crouched, bundeled up and put in a plastic bag inside a dark, scary storeroom, waiting for me to come and take her back. Hope it happens real soon!!!

19 comments:

Danesh said...

I happened to stumble upon your blog by accident and found your layout amazing.

Sheks said...

playing with dolls at this age???

buy the laloo prasad yadav doll.costs only 146 bucks.

Anonymous said...

i need ur mail id....

Chakra said...

Did u check out the lalu doll?

Chakra said...

ufff.. just saw that sheks had already commented the same thing..

Vani Viswanathan said...

Danesh...
Thanks! :)

sheks and chakra sampath,
my pisa is cute. but sure, yeah...the laloo doll was cute too!

a,
gimme ur id, i'll mail ya! :P

Anonymous said...

if a lady sat next to u in a flight and asks where u r studying, sure aa SMU la management daan solluva pola...

newaz, anandharjunan@yahoo.com mail me soon..... i need some help...... periya help nu ninachu mail pannama irundudadha......

~phobiac~ said...

hey Vani....as u said I never thought about this chain reaction or shud I say over reaction (tow ur school FRIEND (?)...)... ...when I asked what PISA meant.....

BTW....doll ?....u play with dolls...?......little girlee pisa dolls ?......what else...?....kitchen set choppu ??

and hey Sheks and chakra r right !!....the laloo doll looks very cool...maybe U'll think tis the male version of pisa ?....

how would u call a male pisa...pise ?...no but pise is the other gender....?....I dont know......

Harish said...

Sandhya-ku indha vaarthai solli kuduthadhu nee thaana??!

btw, pretty small world.. I know 'a'! :)

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

You are my 'chella Pisa' Vani...
:)
And Harish- gals vishayathla interferee pannathe! :D

Vivhyd said...

thnk god u didn't call the lady in the flight next to u..pisa.. haha..

Unknown said...

Vani Pisa ... nalla irukka solli paarthaen...nalla irukku :D

Vani Viswanathan said...

phobiac,
naan thaan post-laiye ezhudhirken adhu patthi ellam keka koodadhunnu....irundhum kekariyae?
and pisa-kku male version ellam kedaiyaathu....unakku venumnaa neeye invent panniko! :)
harish,
yes, it was me. and what's 'a'??
sandhya,
thanks da....namma 'pisa' maadiri varumaa?

Vani Viswanathan said...

vivhyd,
see..she doesn't exist.. so how do i call her pisa? and it's okay..poor thing, according to the story she's my friend's mom....i can't call her pisa! :P
praveen,
dei...pisa vandhu german maadiri...adjective changes according to the noun preceeding or after it..so ippo nee enna apdi sonna adhu nalla 'pisa' aaidum! :D epdi namma explanation, eh?

Agnibarathi said...

Came here through your sister's BLOG! I only hope your Candy Doll is not waiting for you with a knife in hand!!

Harish said...

a is the person who's left a coupla comments in this post..

~phobiac~ said...

yenna Vani....gone to sleep ?

Vani Viswanathan said...

Agnibharthi,
hi..have you seen you in my sister's blog..welcome!
Harish,
Oh ok ok....cha, what is 'a'-nnu ketuteney...romba i-small ulagam!
Phobiac,
no..no....irukeney! :)

Vinesh said...

Do you have a picture of Pisa?

Short for Pisasu...LOL :-D