Wars

, , 18 comments
Do you believe in wars?
I don't.
Or maybe I do?
Well, whether I believe in them or not, when it comes to fighting one, I give my fullest. I wish I could give very bit of energy needed to win the war.
Yes, I wish I could do away with losing. But sometimes losing is nice, too. Makes you feel humble in the presence of whoever won. Sometimes it's the huge, invisible power which I believe controls every one of us. There are also times, though, when whoever defeats you is totally unworthy of the victory she/he has won. It's totally unfair.
Now I've had to accept defeat.
In a war which is really stupid. A war which no one should lose, yet many do.
I grit my teeth with anger every time I look at one of the things that made me lose.
Guys, I lost the war against spam.
I've turned on word verification.
I do not like it, but guess there's no other alternative unless I start using haloscan comments, maybe.
Thanks for being patient and continue dropping by! :)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

with u churning out such good writing, why wouldn't we drop by?? Keep writing..

Cheers :-)

Harish said...

Spam..ha ha ha..
Welcome to the real world of people affected by it...

Kay said...

Now'adays i get comments only thru spam i never wanted to turn them off :))

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

vani...appadiye konjam effort eduthu template um maathidungalen...:)

appuram going by your logic , i.e turning word verification on for fighting spam is a failure...

having presidents and prime ministers inside a bullet proof stage for delivering their independence / republic day speech , we lost out to militants...

ippadi sollikite pogalam..so you have not really lost........ you are just defending urself :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

vidya,
haha...it's ages since i wrote much sensible stuff...shall try to come up with something soon! :) thanks!!

harish,
ho ho ho!
i'm not gonna 'ave more of 'em until computers find out how to read these letters.. (or so it says!)

Vani Viswanathan said...

vJ,
yay! that's what i intended, though you're the first one to point out! :P

kay,
romba naal kezhichu inga vandhurkeenga, welcome!
ur comment, lol! unga blog-ku enna ellarum vanduttu dane irukom??

Vani Viswanathan said...

rsubras,
change the template? are you KIDDING?
you got no clue how i love this template and got it before someothers could! ;)
your logic's confusing.. seri ennavo naa thokala-nu dane solreenga? othukaren! :)

Sheks said...

and continue dropping by!

word verification pottaa naanga odi poyiruvom-nu nenachiyaa??

~phobiac~ said...

naangellam...spam comment aatharikkarom....appadiyaavathu comments double figures touch pannume !!

Vani Viswanathan said...

sheks,
oh man, i'm touched! ;)

phobiac,
lol..nyaya vazhiyila double digit comment kandipa vandhu serum, spam ozhiga! :D

Harish said...

mwhzy! :)

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, and I'm still fighting the war? Hopefully, I won't have to accept defeat? Sigh... Hopefully.

Anyways, your blog's a worthwhile read, at least to me. Grin.

Keep it going.

Vani Viswanathan said...

harish,
adapavi, neeyum oru spammer daane? ;)
nee daane anda basketball nike shoes joe?
lol!!

thewoman,
ah, well, we all have to fight this war! (gosh, answers from my history exam are creeping in!) but lol, if you add word verificaiton for comments, that's fine, how about spam in tag boards? :D

Sheks said...

sheks,i'm touched
enna aachu apparam?gold-a maarittiyaa?

BTW eppo next madras coming?

Vani Viswanathan said...

sheks,
comin this weekend.

Kasi Alagappan said...

you've won the battle !

~phobiac~ said...

yenna madras coming-a...ippo thaane poone...athukullaya ! yenna college-la velaye illaya !...enjoyee maadi !

Vani Viswanathan said...

kasi,
yess!! YAY!!!

phobiac,
hey... (eyebrows raised) semester fulla i've slogged, so of course i gotta come back for vacations!! :)