Idhu semma bore, macchi!!

, , 12 comments
It's amazing how one month flies by even if you're utterly bored, jobless, and desperate to get out. One month since my vacation began, and I have done nothing significant. If you'd discount knowing words like cat, dog and horse in Gujarati, shading with colour pencils, eating off roadside stalls, of course.

Worst part is I've landed with a cold, which has even cancelled my everyday little ice cream parties.
And good Lord, I heavily miss Radio Mirchi. The Radio Mirchi here is obviously entirely in Hindi, and though the RJs are decent (they have great voices!), they discuss some extremely important things like why the director of 'Dus' ended his marriage and left his wife and child abandoned. I couldn't believe it, they had an entire discussion on such a topic, and I was purley disgusted.

Well, at least if the songs were good, I'd probably grit my teeth and listen to the RJs going on and on with their gibberish. The songs are TERRIBLE! I'm left wondering at the staleness of Hindi songs... and Himesh Reshmiyya... oh my God! The station somehow keeps playing only his songs (or yeah, 'Mitwaaaaaaaaaaaa' and 'Kabhi Alvida naa..' which are better, though!), and his awful nasal voice, his similarity to Inzamam-ul-Haq (which I laugh about!) and his songs (each of which I think he insists on singing!) make me wish with every ounce that I was in Chennai listening to Suchi, Balaji or AJ or even the unbearable Chinna-thambi-Periya-thambi duo in Suryan FM. Deivam!!

And Television, no better. We have over 125 channels I used to long for in Chennai (like HBO, the Zee English series and the Sports channels) and just a few of these manage to retain my interest. Wimbledon kept me really occupied until it's amazing finish with an equally amazing Federer (awwwww.... he's just second.. Pete Sampras always rocks!)... Federer, with his excellent forehands and backhands and his calm self (excluding the weeping he does when he wins or loses) was a total delight to watch.

Yesterday, with a firm resolve, I decided to watch Bunty aur Bubli on Max. Never mind the movie, it's not worth talking about here, the ads every 15 mins (for 15 mins, bloody!!) totally bugged me! And best part was I couldn't follow what happened in the very end :( which left me even more frustrated.

Ok, if I continue at this rate, I'll be turning my blog into a moaning forum :P
Signing off,
Bored even while doing other things.

12 comments:

Badri said...

ha ha..find someother way to kill time...:)

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

is it there semma raining machi?

Aravind said...

I miss mirchi too :((
and, i was in chennai for the weekend... They've just started Radio city in chennai.. it sucks :(
RJ's are iorritating... and the signal quality is also bad :(

BTW< blogger not accessible in India :( me accessing through anonymouse.org

Vani Viswanathan said...

badri,
tried everything... the thing is, i get bored after i do those things... like my mum says, i don't want to sit idly for any moment!!

mark,
sutthama illa da machaan... still veyyil!

aravind,
Radio city, hmmm.. paapom, maybe they'll get better in a while!
Yeah, sadhi! Harish told me about pkblogs.com... me using that..

Harish said...

aww...watching movies in hindi channels is an awwwwful experience. They are marred by ads every minute and by the time the climax arrives you wonder what the hell you were watching in the beginning.
btw..i never liked chinna thambi periya thambi too :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha.. that was funny.

Oh, and talk about radio stations.. I don't know why, but every time I try listening to the local tamil station, it's either the news or the sangeetha music.. damn, my friend says me wrong timing. D'oh. Me haven't listened in years already.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

apt title for the post vani :)

Harish said...

they discuss some extremely important things like why the director of 'Dus' ended his marriage and left his wife and child abandoned

wow, were u able to comprehend these deep philosophical life-altering discussions? :)

PS.
JOK release panna maatengaraan!! :(

Movie Mazaa said...

regarding Bunti aur babli, u r luckier than me. Forget the end,gu i cud neither make head nor tail of either the beginning, the middle or the end!

;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

harish,
totally agree with ya!

asha,
a few more months, i think i can give you Oli's timetable! :P listen, listen! it's interesting, and you know, sometimes much better than the tamil FMs we have out home!

Vani Viswanathan said...

subras,
:)
:(
!!!!

harish,
how could i, when i had to switch off the radio due to unbearable agony?
and damn them, August daan release-ah? I want the CD!!!!!

velu,
hehe.. what more could you expect from hindi movies? ;)

Karthik said...

They say his songs are a good remedy for constipation !! U shud have watched Tour De France !!! It was awesome !!