Where’s the world heading?

, , 4 comments
Seriously. Deaths everywhere, most in man’s hands, as if plane crashes, earthquakes, tsunamis and floods weren’t enough. What the hell is happening to the world, to the cruel we who inhabit it?
Two weeks back, a series of blasts I needn’t talk about. Attacks on Lebanon. Regular blasts in Iraq. An unresolved Palestine issue on which hundreds die every week, at least. Damn, I’m irritated. And what am I doing other than just feel irritated and further still, talk about it in the blog? I’m scared I’ll just live through it, and die some day just like any other normal person. Is anything in our hands? Our protests, strikes and so on… do they have any effect? What happened to the Reservation issue despite heavy protests country wide by students?
It was a shame to watch the parliamentary proceedings yesterday on Television. Members of the ruling party and opposition literally bitching about each other, calling the other liars, and yelling slogans in the house. And a frustrated speaker, who was totally helpless, that he had no choice but to adjourn the house. It’s disgusting, it’s shameful. I don’t care if this happens in every country around the world, it all just boils down to the same thing – we are a miserable, messed up species. We all lust for money and power that in the end is not going to help even the tiniest bit.
If I could, I would have throttled the neck of one TV channel producer who decided to screen “special” movies on 26th July commemorating the first anniversary of the day when the world woke up to the fact that Mumbai was drowning in floods. ‘Watch special movies on 26th July and stay at home all day – don’t venture out’ the promos said. How cheap can we get? In what way are we paying any homage to the people who lost their lives or to the families who suffered an irreparable loss?
I hang my head down in shame.
I belong to such a world.
I just pray that we can do something about it. That all of us, members of the filthy race called humans, realize our mistakes. Hope that I live long enough to see us change. God save us all.

Oh, just a bit pissed off. Doesn’t mean I’m having any less fun! The Pani puris, ice creams, DVD movies, entertainment from the kid upstairs, and from kids in the garden nearby go on! (Ironic, I know)

4 comments:

Asha said...

If there's no America in the world, I think the world will be a better place. Yes, I am bias. Yes, I am whatever you call me.

Bleargh.

Karthik said...

Well, one way of looking at life is this - Whatever happens happens for a reason !!! And most of the things are well out of our control !!! So best solution - Enjoy the time available !!!

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

grrrrr.......be careful, dont write such stuff, else one more ban and then no more blogspot.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

oops didnt see this post......

hmmm true every word u said...... but relax vani..pray for the nation every day........ u can make atleast a bit better :)