A hai!!! for an eye

, , 19 comments
Yayyy! A check up for my eyes after almost 18 months of glasses revealed that my power hasn’t gone up. I’m delighted! I’ve been such a good girl, considered the complaints I made for wearing glasses.

Blessed with the comfort of having an ophthalmologist way too near, it took almost the end of my vacation to get my eyes checked. Busy gal, you see.
Boy, this doctor is all sophisticated (well, she is the only person who’s checked my eyes, but nevertheless). Random machines doing things I don’t know (of course!) and some tests which nearly made me cry out in pain for all the light that was glaring at one eye, the testing took 45 minutes. Good girl that I was, I read all the letters on the board correctly with my glasses :)

The doctor recommended to my mother that I can get a laser surgery done the next time I come home so that I wouldn’t have to wear glasses (lazy me, I don’t have the patience to wear contact lenses!)

One small disappointment, though. I was secretly hoping that I could change my glasses’ frame if the power changed, though I had told my mom that I would wear the current one for two years. No power rise, no new frame. :(

Doesn’t matter, the happiness overrides the disappointment. I’m all smiles. :D

19 comments:

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

if u wanted to change the frame then all u had to do was to read the letters wrong .....;) .....nice blog u hav got here .....moi was sarayuz ex class mate ...got a link to yur thro orkut ....:)

Sriram said...

Heh... seems like the time I went to a dentist :P... but seriously, what's wrong with the frame you have now?

Vani Viswanathan said...

hi, mark isuak! (nice name, mark ;) )
read the letters wrong? heh, that'd hurt me awfully! :P i wanted a new frame with SAME (or if possible, lower...or better, NO glasses at all!) power but it's ok, maybe i'll get a laser surgery done next year ;) (waaah! heights of optimism....i'm sure i'll dismiss laser surgery myself!!)
thanks, and hey, welcome! :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

sriram,
thank god this isn't as painful as a visit to the dentist! :|
nothing wrong with the frame i'm using right now...just want to change...one of those times when you want to do something just like that!!

Sheks said...

so u wear glasses!good.glasses potta thaan face-kku oru look varum.what say?

Harish said...

vyuqvnz

eye-chart illai.. unnodu word-verification :)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

enna vaani intha incident vachu kathai eluthaliya....... superaa irunthirukkeume :)

neway vaazhthukkal....... :)

Jagan said...

oh ...ni soda buddi ah ? :)

Aravind said...

Why Laser ellam? Kannaadi potta over "padips" lookku varum :) apdiye continue pannalaam la?

~phobiac~ said...

Hey...good ur power didnt go up !!

but I think u r not old enuf to get a laser thing done....check maadi... !!

yenna bck to s'pore-a ?!?

radiantbear said...

Been wearing glasses from 6th grade?.. yeah yeah.. 6th grade quarterly exams... and only the past two years its hasnt gone up.. :) And I have seen it all.. all kinds of frames.... but when u think u need to get a new frame u better get one coz it irritates you a lot.. atleast me....

And about the Lazer Surgery I'd say better wait and get it done after you have crossed 20 or 21..
May wait is finally over..

and hey.. A belated Merry Christmas... A have a great New year 2006;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

sheks,
ugh, maybe it suits some people...i definitely don't like it on myself!!

harish,
cha..inda word verif thollai thangala pa! correct-a type pannalum thappunu paduthudu!! :(

Vani Viswanathan said...

rsubras,
too many stories spoil the blog! :P

jagan,
ei....buddi ellam onnum illa...chumma perukku glasses avalo daan! ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

aravind,
padips look nerdy look-ku pogama irukara varikum seri ;) besides, don't think i'll get a laser surgery - it's not gonna be a permanent correction anyways....so why the trouble? :P

Vani Viswanathan said...

phobiac,
no...some more days left before i get back :P (don't say i've been here too long!)
laser surgery ku doc said i gotta be above 18, that i am....anyways don't plan to get one done, so it's wogay!

nanyaar,
6th grade? :O ayyo...thank god...and i'm cribbing for wearing it in my first year of college! ;) belated christmas wishes to you too..and have an awesome new year!! :)

Juvenile Delinquent said...

You're power didn't change, huh? Know what? Mine actually decreased afer wearing glasses for a couple of years... How's that? ;)

By the way, have a rocking new year, but don't go to sleep! :P

Vijay Ramamurthi said...

so u wear glasses..hmm interesting !!
happy holidays..

Vani Viswanathan said...

JD,
your power DECREASED??? kidding right?how on earth is that possible! (well, if you do know, tell me ;) )

vijay r,
interesting? :) lol!!

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

congrats! I know how MUCH of a pain it must be to go for regular check ups every 6 months! :( Ana ivlo build up vendaam oru kan testukku :D