Velai irundhum slight-a vetti

, , 16 comments
After playing minesweeper for hours losing every minute, I decided to give up. Luck wasn’t favouring me at all (well, only in the case of Minesweeper, Lady Luck!) and every guess I made was going wrong. I was getting bored and thought of going to the kitchen to see what my mom was doing. One look convinced me not to near the area: she was making ‘pori urundai’ for the Karthigai festival this evening. I had done my part of the work: I’d peeled and powdered tens of cardamom seeds. That done, I have silently refused to do any further work by retreating into my room and ‘working’ on the computer.

Then mom wanted me to find the dhobi guy in our apartment. I went down and found him sleeping. Then I went past him into our lil’-park. I went and sat on the swing when two old women gave me weird looks. Concluding that they definitely thought I was too old for the swing (sigh…I’m not that old!!) I got down, depressed that I was getting old for many things I wanted to do. Then I realised that I would feel young in one place: the gym. I went to the apartment gym and found it locked. I peered through the curtains and was delighted at all the things inside. I decided that I had to be fit when at home especially, since I was doing nothing but eating, sleeping and watching movies. Then somebody said the gym wasn’t working properly.

Dash it! I returned home. Found some random self-improvement books: 25 ways to motivate people, 52 ways to live successfully, and finally Improve your English. I decided I didn’t need any of those and went back to my huge Shantaram book.

Damn…can’t even read that now. I have so much to do (what, I don’t know, but that’s what my mom says), but I don’t feel like doing anything. Probably watch a movie. But that’s a bad chance to take since going anywhere near the television would mean a good shelling from mom (and chances of work: cleaning the lamps!). Right now I’ve spent some ten minutes wandering around the apartment searching for people and another ten minutes writing this. Another 8 hours 25 minutes left before everyone thinks it’s high time I slept.

-- Velai irundhum slight-a vetti.

16 comments:

Ramya Shankar said...

Oh oh!! Enakkum velai irundhu, enna pannanumnnu therinjum vettikku me sitting!! Same pinch! :o))

Sheks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheks said...

go city-trotting,like me.after some point of time,even vacations turn monotonous.

and namma ooru electric train-a pathi oru post ezhuthirukkaen.nalla irndhudhunaa siri.nalla illainaa kai thattu.

Sriram said...

Welcome to the vetti club!!

Anonymous said...

To think I was the only one doing that... Okay, so I'm not alone.

Vani Viswanathan said...

ramya,
nice to hear i'm not alone!! :)

sheks,
city-trotting-a? u thot i'm jobless??!! ;)
shall read ur post...

Vani Viswanathan said...

sriram,
hehe i've been in it ever since i started my undergrad studies!! ;)

thewoman,
oh no, u'll also have company in anything you do, so, fret not!!

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

hmm, sometimes, even i cud associate myself in the story.......

in this case roaming around the apartments means - roaming around the website

going near mom will result in mom giving work => going near PL will result in he giving some work :p

so naanum sollalam....... velai irunthaalum konjam vetti (hey not everydays but :D)

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

me here exam irundhum vetti! :D

Sheks said...

sandhya kooda bondi bazaar-la shopping po.

Harish said...

i remember writing a comment here yesterday!! :(

i'd said "exam irundhum online - kozhuppin sigaram naan".. kaanama pochu! :(

Vani Viswanathan said...

rsubras,
hehe..analogy super-a irukke!!

sandhya,
exam irunda naa ippo irukarda vida vetti, u know? ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

sheks,
bondy bazaar-la enakku 20 mins mela bore adika aramichudum! so bad choice!!

harish,
chumma comment potten-la poi solladhe... :P
>>exam irundhum online - kozhuppin sigaram naan
i think i've chatted with you most when i was having my exams?! :) sigarathukkum mel irukkum point edhuvo adhu naan!! ahem ahem!

Vijay Ramamurthi said...

:))...sutham..I can understand the feeling...ithaan ongala maathiri too much busy case ellam vacation edukka koodaathungrathu :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

vijay r,
naa enga vacation eduthen? adhuva vandadhu, naa veettuku vandhuten! :P

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

vani vacation edutheengalae..appadiye laziness ku oru vaccination eduthirukka koodathu?

ok, ippo vettiya thane irukeenga...theme sonna kathai eluthuveengala? i wud tag with u some, enna okay ya?