Lessons through a weekend

, , 8 comments
After years of wondering, I finally realised that I'm not weird, after all.... many people do sneeze when they go out into the sun or at bright light. And guess what it's called? ADCHOO!
How I got to know this is silly, too. Long, long ago, I had written something about sneezing, and some random blog had a link to it that I saw in my statcounter recently. I visited that site to see that many people suffered from ADCHOO. Oh by the way, ADCHOO stands for Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst.

I also learnt that some guys in my batch are such good cooks! We had an awesome dinner complete with dessert, entirely cooked by us. Well, yeah, there were moments when I couldn't control those pangs of guilt tugging at me because I had no idea what they were up to. But of course, the tasty sabzi and hot biryani, and the oh-I-could-faint-kind-awesome bread halwa just managed to keep other guilty feelings down.

But most importantly, I came across the revelation that anything, anything, could suddenly come to an end. And when it's time for that, nothing can stop it. I lost a dearest aunt, uncle, cousin and a delightful 4-year-old nephew to a road accident, news that came as a bolt out of the blue. I love you all, I'll miss you, my darling Siddhu kutti. Who'll scream "V-A-N-I Vani Vani" now, or tell me the name of every car that passes by? I'll miss you Sugi, who will silently wear my black watch now? And atthai, how will you make fun of my nose?

May they rest in peace. I thank God so much for making us strong enough to bear this calamity. Thank you so much God, that I'm such a stone-hearted, unfeeling girl.

Updated within 2 minutes of publishing: Just came to know I got the division of my choice that I will pursue in my third year. Thank you, dear God, very very much!!!

8 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

My sincere prayers for your aunt and her family

Anonymous said...

well i am real glad to see that you are back and doing ok .... at least, u got some good news for a change ..... exalted to hear tat u got the division of your choice even though i dun even have a remote idea wat u are talking about .... is it something like choosing a major ???

(p.s and i dun think u are a stone-hearted, unfeeling gal ... quite the opposite ... other than your too big/flat/small nose, i dun believe anything else is wrong with u .... *grin* ... (juz my lame attempt at humor ... dun hate me for it ....)

Aravind said...

gud to know that u got the div of ur choice...
any my prayers to your uncle's family

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

The trend is changing.Guys love to cook these days.I went to a party and suddenly there was discussion on cooking.Amazing thing about the discussion was boys were the one who were actively discussing and suggesting things than gals.
Well even I am good cook.
It was very sad to hear about accident of your aunt and her family.may they rest in peace.

Regards

~phobiac~ said...

hey Vani.... sorry to hear the loss....prayers wid u ....

Asha said...

Sorry to hear that... stay strong.

Vani Viswanathan said...

all of you, thank you very much! I hope they all rest in peace.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your loss Vani, read it on Anu's blog too. Take care girls.