The Princess

, , 19 comments
I have never considered myself an attractive girl; I am no head-turner….but yes, things changed when I met him.
It was no love at first sight – in fact, it wasn’t even love! He was not drop-dead gorgeous or anything, but everything about him makes me wonder how God actually made for me the perfect person…and snatched him right away.


I had met him at my University Cultural – he was one of the two in the quiz show, the show whose committee I was heading. I am a great quizzer, but this guy just stunned me – not only for his brilliance – but his subtlety, humility and oh, that slight smile that sends shivers down my spine even now, as I think of it.

I watched spellbound for the entire one hour of the quiz show, as he silently discussed every question with his friend, who was obviously not as smart. I watched as he let his friend answer, and gently smiled and noted down the points their team had scored for every correct answer – so different from his friend who made a ‘Whooo!’ for every correct answer. I was full of admiration for him.

It turned into the pleasantest thing in the world when he looked up and looked me in the eye, the beginnings of a smile evident on his lips. One look, and he made me feel like a princess. I was a princess. His princess. We both knew it. Though it’s more than a year since I met him, I am his princess. I will be, even if I never meet him again.

19 comments:

Harish said...

remember the bet? time starts now! :D

Ramya Shankar said...

Kindly put your disclaimer soon, if this is fiction!

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

i was kindaa expecting My Second love post after your My First Love post :p

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

hehe, was just abt to say what ramya has already said!
apidi illa na then.....as usual......TREAT!!

Anonymous said...

OK, something had to come...Esp after all that Chinese boyfriend thing...and guess more is on the way.

Asha said...

That is sweet.

Bharadwaj said...

Hey... what's this? Puthusa irukku? So whats new? ;) I agree completely with ramya... u better put a disclaimer if its fiction:-)

Matty said...

Wishing the Princess to become a Queen soon ;)
Yup..I started reading your blog very recently. so many posts..defintely will read once I found some time huh..
keep Blogging Vani

Sheks said...

love's in the air!mounam pesiyathey song paadum pothey naan nenachen.

change ur template colour to green.mayB cupid wud strike later.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

usually vani replies to comments express fast...now no replies for the past two posts......

:)

Speech is Golden said...

Yipee!!! No disclaimer.

It is not fiction. Someone has dared to put up what they really feel. Kudos

Known Stranger said...

even if it were a fiction - it some time i read a narration of a romance in such a romantic style.

Harish said...

Innoru ticket gaali :-(
Vazhtukkal if this is true :-)

Manoj said...

nope. not humility. he was probably not confident enough to say the answers himself. And oh myyyyy. look at this gurrrrrrrl.

Unknown said...

Sweet.

PS: What bet do you have with Harish?

Aravind said...

aha... unmai ellam veli varudhu ippa thaan...

rsubras sonna madhiri, Vani innum comments ku reply pannalai... edho matter irukku ;)

Debraj said...

got so busy with the job that u now don seem to reply to comments or suddenly started finding accounting classes exciting? well partly i m responsible for taking ur time. nyway the food that u all cooked was really delicious and was no way near the thursdays restaurant food. ny outings this weekend or too busy?

Anonymous said...

Hey Chennai girl! I am really impressed by your blog, though it brings some of the thamizh(I prefer saying it so) short stories.

Cool! Keep the good work going. I have become a fan of you.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ! Bring to memory some of the thamizh stories