One adventure called life

, , 10 comments
Whoa, what a week it has been! Classes have begun, they’re terrible, and I’ve gone out with such a frequency I’m surprised. And found a little funny job for myself too.
This prof is crazy. I mean, really crazy. Crazier than the ones who’ve taught me before, that he keeps laughing in class while others yawn and doze off so obviously, that he must either be blind, or so strong at heart that he continues to teach when every student is nodding off in sleep.
‘4 principles in accounting’ (or something else, I do not know) and he laughs. Now which sane person on earth finds ‘4 principles’ funny?? And the ‘4’ seems to be giving him some thrills that he breaks into spells of laughter till we glare at him asking him to continue.


An early morning class that it is, yours truly has no incentive to stay awake. I doze off in class, wake up startled when something vaguely similar to my name in said in class : ‘morning’, ‘warning’, ‘money’ or ‘funny’ (don’t get me started on how funny could be vani, in Singapore, it can). Or when my pen tore a line across my neat (and empty) printed lecture slides (never doze off with a pen in your hand). Better still, a prod from my neighbour. We do this as a mutual help, you see. So much for accounting. If not for all the fun I’ve been having here, I’d have wanted to slap myself for choosing to stay back.

After having survived 3 ½ hours of accounting yesterday, I went to try for this research data collection job. Basically, calling up people and asking them questions, if at all they were willing to answer. My luck, every person I called wouldn’t answer, despite my pleas. At least four people couldn’t speak English, they were grandmothers. Two people refused to answer because they would miss their show they were watching on TV. ‘No, I can’t spend 3 minutes, my show will be gone,’ he said. The only one yesterday who was kind enough to answer me was a housewife, which again, gave me a great deal of embarrassment. She said ‘no’ for every answer related to the research. As I mindlessly read out the questions the computer flashed, I saw ‘Gender: male/female?’ I stopped right on time from asking her that question. The funniest part was whether she was married. She had a bewildered tone as she said ‘Yeah lor!’

Wondering if I should even continue this. It’s fun, and I have the time at my disposal, and it’s flexible. Giving it a second try today. If it’s boring, it’s out, and I’ll get back to lazing around.
Life seems adventurous.


And now for the big P.S.: The previous post was made up, a story; I didn’t put up a disclaimer because I had a bet with my friend. And we both won the bet. :D If that seemed to be deceiving, I’m sorry!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

accounting,eh?it's only addition,subtraction,multiplication and division but the stuff like balance sheets,debit,credit,is wat makes this basic mathematics complicated.i had to endure 2 semesters of this stuff.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

just as u sleep thru ur accounting class, i slept thru reading this post.... so no comments :D

(I dont even know whether this is a story or a real life incident.. PR la accounting varuma *Scratching my head*)

Aravind said...

3 1/2 hours of accouting-aaa??? how do u survive that????!!!

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

aparom vera yarku phone panna? u still in the job ?

Harish said...

has a thamizhan ever picked up ur call? that shud be fun.. thamizh liye kekalaam!

Vani Viswanathan said...

sheks,
i don't even know what we're doing in class to vaguely identify what you're talking about!!

subras,
what do i say if you slept through my post?!?!?

Vani Viswanathan said...

aravind,
thoongi daan! :D

mark,
nope! i can't stand it!!!! :(

harish,
no....all mandarin speaking grandmas and grandpas....and i ask them "English? English can???" and they reply in mandarin....uhh, I think they may be swearing at me too! :(

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

if u r watching this message again, return to my site plz...updated the post :)

Wetfingers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wetfingers said...

Dudette! You scared a lot of young indian hunks waiting back home with that previous post.If you hadn't told the truth, i guess you would have lost half your blog fans!@$$ Yu did science in DAV right and now what is you course?
Give somethin' more lively da!!