What It Means to be Busy

, , No Comments
Tccch...I sigh looking at the amount of work I've got. Projects, assignments, reports, speeches, presentations and (as if these weren't enough!) homework. I look around helplessly as I struggle to jot down a timetable to finish all these tasks on time.
I just look back to a month ago. December, 2004. No care in the world about what is happening. Extremely bored. Writing nonsense to kill time. And now? Writing sense(!) to take a break off that horrible schedule. I can't beleive I was really jobless just a month back... Whoa! What a whale of a difference a month can make..
I'm really stumped for words now... Just as I was when I was bored. I smile as I think yet again of how the mind always wants whatever is not available. I remember how much I longed to be hands-full with work in that December, which seems long long ago. And now, the mind just asks for time, and more time, so that I can afford that laziness to just get up whenever I want and happily spend time doing nothing at all, or perhaps curl up cozily on that red sofa and watch that amazing movie...
What does it mean to be busy? Well, nothing, except that it creeps in some amount of irritation and unhappiness...aggravated even more with that faint rumbling in your stomach, (as I am experiencing right now) and knowing that to get some food, you got to go out and can't call mom to bring it out to you...
Oh no! My watch shows 8-00 PM. My free time is over. Got to get back to all that maddening work. To all those long hours of staring at the computer and feeling that frustration when Google doesn't show you what you want...
Somebody save me!!!!

0 comments: