And another year flies by....

, , 17 comments
Whew, what a hard day! Last days of an academic year are always tiring, but tremendous fun. As I hurriedly run here and there packing my bags, meeting people, and remember my insipid accounting class and a horrible accounting exam, I can’t help give a grin of joy as I think of tomorrow, when I go back to India after completing year 2. So well, today isn’t my last day, but I’ll call it so! (Now don’t ask me why!)

What a year it has been! Joys, trials, tribulations, testing times, heart-shattering losses, victories, defeats – this year has seen everything. And taught me lots.


I have become even stronger, and that is what I am happiest about. In the process, I have learnt that sometimes it is necessary to be rude to certain people too, which though I regret, think they deserve it. But well, I also learnt later that I don’t have to regret it, because some things just deserve the importance we attach to them.

Acquaintances have become friends, friends have become closer and I have had a lot of fun. I have matured more as a person, I think, and have learnt to keep my emotions in check as far as I can.

On the bad side, my individualistic thoughts have risen to a new peak, thanks to inspiration from Ayn Rand. She has influenced me to an extent that I refuse to do some things just because the society expects me to do them. I sometimes feel bad that I may be becoming selfish in the process, but I also feel that if I don’t stand up for my individualism, I am only living my life for others.

At the end of it, I’m happy, despite all the terrible things that have happened on the way – a torturous wait in the beginning of the year to get my room, loss of some very dear loved ones, and some little disappointments here and there – like our relocation from Chennai to Ahmedabad (No, I’ll still be chennaigal!).

But it is all worthwhile only if you have learnt the lessons ultimately, after going through the acid tests life has posed for you. When you have, you have grown. And I have grown.
Next time I post, I’ll be in India. Cheers!!!

17 comments:

Harish said...

chennai unnai varaverkiradhu :)

Ramya Shankar said...

Welcome back!

Ramanujam said...

bac 2 chennai ah???enjoy!!!

Harish said...

voila...the local gal is back eh??
"I have learnt that sometimes it is necessary to be rude to certain people too, which though I regret, think they deserve it."
I learnt the same lesson and i hate that...but then...nothing can be done when you are left with no CHOICE...

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

meet u at the blogger's meet ;)

Unknown said...

the template with the flash ripples is very artistic.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

nalabadiya ooru vanthu seru :)

>>"I have learnt that sometimes it is necessary to be rude to certain people too, which though I regret, think they deserve it."

yep.........my point is always be a child at heart, but strong in ur actions

Asha said...

*waves goodbye* Coming back or not huh?

Anyways, have fun and take good care. :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

harish,
and oru naal-ilaye veliye anuppugiradhu! :(

ramya,
yayy!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

ramanujam,
back to chennai illa, back to india.

harish,
oh yeah!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

mark,
i'll do my best!!

suresh,
thanks! but i didn't make this one ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

subras,
sure! i have a lot of oor suthifying within india to do this time...

asha,
oh hey, i'll be back in august...just going home for my vacation!! got 5 more yrs in singapore! :)

Vinesh said...

You can take a gal out of Chennai but you can't take Chennai out of a gal? :-)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm .... sooo the day is finally here, huh ... going back to india and your beloved chennai, well at least for 1 day .. *grin* ... so any chance u are gonna change the blog title to "ahmadabadgalwrites" ... well juz a suggestion ...

didn't had any idea that u were such a big fan of ayn rand ... have u read "atlas shrugged" ... a phenomenal book, at least according to me thou it presents a more than optimistic and idealistic view of the world... than again, maybe that's the eternal pessmist in me talking .... any chance u have tried hemingway or henry david thoreau ...

anyway 5 years left to finish your course .... hmmm, guessed that u sorta didn't do tat well on your accountancy paper but had had no idea u did tat badly .... *grin* ... even dumb ol' me extended my diploma only by 1 year ... but i would rather blame tat on my lecturers for making the course material sooo freakin dry ...

Vani Viswanathan said...

vinesh,
thathuvam!! :D

dante,
adapaavi...my extension is in no way related to accounting ;) it's coz i have a bond after graduation...
and nope, haven't read atlas shrugged...waiting to get hold of it...

Anonymous said...

Have a very enjoyable vaccation.

Maybe you shld learn some cooking this time. :)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

oor vanthu sernthaacha?