I'll survive!

, , 16 comments
I haven't even been looking at what has been happening in my blog for a while... it seemed to be asleep, devoid of much activity, and I felt so bad for it, my poor lil' blog!!
It's been a helluva busy weekend and an even worse Monday of a new week. I'm just hoping I survive this week too, just like I survived today.

Last Saturday was filled with riotous fun, as we celebrated Holi here. Really late, I know, but it was awesome. I was celebrating Holi after almost eight years, barring the episodes in school when our version of Holi was silently laughing at the all the northie girls who came to school with pink ears and blue foreheads.
This time, it was perfect: almost three hours getting drenched in water from a hose pipe, and of course, the colours, many of which I even tasted because some went crazy and just rubbed it all over my face. :)
We played the most random games… Kabbadi, Dog and the bone, all the while getting drenched in water. Danced some weird dabbangoothu, adaludan-paadalaikettu-type bhangra (Yup, that’s all I am capable of!) and of course, jumped around like crazy. At the end, add to it yummy veg biryani and I felt soooo good!

As Saturday ended, I was sick with worry as to how I would survive today, but at last, it didn’t turn out as bad as I had expected…. Two presentations and great expectations (from Professors!) later, I’m back, happiness and enthusiasm bursting at the seams. I had lot of fun in one of the presentations where three of us presented on the Indian arranged marriage system for our course on Intercultural Communication. My Malay friend did her best to do an Indian English accent and kept me in splits. Another thing that kept me amused was how I had to pass off Mahatma Gandhi’s horoscope as one of my team mates’. Yeah! :) I had to find a horoscope for her, and the most decent one close to horoscopes I had seen was Gandhi’s, from Google.

At the end of the day, I’m smiling – I survived the day, I’m optimistic. And boy, that’s a great thing to feel.

16 comments:

Aravind said...

>> I had to pass off Mahatma Gandhi’s >> horoscope as one of my team mates

LOL :)

neighbour said...

week end fulla koothadichirukeenganu sollungaaa.

Asha said...

Glad you had a good weekend.. now, have a great week ahead vani.

Badri said...

Mahatma Gandhi’s horoscope :)),
Over kusumbu!

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

cha ....good girl pola presentation mudichitiye.....nanga ellam out standing student aayiduvom ....

Harish said...

avalukku jaadhagam paarthu kalyanam panni vekkaradha plan irundha Joyiyar oru maathiri paarka poraar!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

aravind,
:)
I know! :P

neighbour,
yeah!!!

Vani Viswanathan said...

the woman,
Thanks! Hmm...looks like it's going on pretty fine...because it made ME work!!! :)

netcraze,
hehe...vera vazhi kedaikala! :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

mark isuak,
inga enga out stand panna veppanga....nera poi 30% off the grade daan! :( and group presentation-na obi adikardhu romba kashtam ba!

harish,
hehehe... idha vecchey andha josiyar-oda credibility check panlamo? ;)
[green green-a thittadhe, romba bore adikardhu!!]

Anonymous said...

Holi was fun right ? An presentations cannot be that fun right ?

Ramya Shankar said...

Hey whr did my comment go? Not again!! Anyways, did u manage to scrub out the colors before u're presentation?

Vinesh said...

you're going through some rough times arent you??

agathin azhagu blog-il theriyum

Harish said...

Paavam Mahatma...epaadi ellam namala sirikka vekiraaru

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

hehe yenga oorula group presentationale OB daan ;)......paavam nee...

Vani Viswanathan said...

vishnu,
hehe...some presentations can be fun too!! :)

ramya,
hehe..remember it was purple? it matched the clothes i wore for the presentation! ;)

Vani Viswanathan said...

vinesh,
No!!!! All things bright and beautiful! :)

Harish,
hehe :)

Mark,
watodo?! :(