Whew! What a day!!!

, , 1 comment
It all started with 12 midnight of March 1, 2005. Now my legs are tired, my hands refuse to co-operate. But my mind says write, and thankfully my hands have agreed.
Today is a batch mate's birthday and as was the university Indian Gangs' custom, all of us met in the garden to give him the "sabo" ( a better name for birthday bumps, etc.). Happily we caked him, guys kicked him to their hearts' satisfaction, and by the time I returned to my room it was 1-45. And an 8-30 class in the morning.
"Six hours of sleep should be fine, " I convinced myself and slept.
Sadly it was at 8-45 that I got up. The first lecture would've started.
I dragged my feet and got ready for the 10 o' clock class, wide awake and finally fresh.
It was over after what seemed eons and we got ready to start our video shooting for our project. The scene was one where I had to doze off during the lecture (man, it should've been shot during the lecture for better effect!) And now that I was wide awake, I had to fall asleep with great difficulty.
Next was the canteen scene where I had to walk with sleep again, and groan at the long queues for food. Boy, what a trouble this was! First I had to evade the poor people who were distributing flyers for various programmes, then chase away so many people who knew me and found all the time in the world to tell me a Hi!, and finally prevent people from walking past when we were shooting. It again took ages to shoot the scene after fulfilling all these requirements. After that, it was to go stand in the long queue for food. Boy, the queue was getting short and soon the ever flowing canteen looked so empty and not-so-suited for our video. So abandon this and come back tomorrow and repeat the whole procedure again. Adding to my already-high irritation, my friends kept smiling and asking "What's happening here?" and kept laughing all the while when I was trying to stare at the canteen with horror(at seeing it so full). Refraining from laughing and getting ready to shoot was already an ordeal for me, and these people added fuel to the fire.
Yeah, so this scene didn't come out as expected, so has to be done again tomorrow. Now, the scene was where I had to run to my school from the canteen as I had realized that I was late (as usual!) for project discussion (Oh God, there's surely more to life than projects! Projects within a project!!!) And this required me to actually run. So I kept running back and forth, much to my dismay, as my team mates struggled to turn the camera to my running speed(not that I run so fast, just that they couldn't turn the camera that quickly!) or cut off my head into half, with the result that my eyes and forehead were nowhere in the picture. After running here and there for about 12 times, we decided to go elsewhere.
The video shoot was proving to be some kind of AXN's Amazing Race competition for me. Every step was proving to be more difficult than the previous. Now it was to run and climb a flight of 15 stairs. This was thankfully, quite fast. To compensate for all this, the next one came up.
I had to climb up a flight of about 40 stairs, pause a while for breath and then run up more stairs again. My super-talented-amazingly-brainy team mates pushed the camera up so much as I was climbing up that the camera was shooting the rain clouds and weak sun instead of me. Again, after about 6 or 7 shots, they decided I'd had enough and we proceeded to the next scene.
Some more scenes of confusion and looking at the map followed. Finally, the scene was to show me horribly depressed and walking with dragging feet, in the rain. With a white sweat shirt and its hood over my head, I looked quite a funny scene, trying to be depressed and frustrated. Though I was tired, I couldn't show the emotion, as everytime I heard the "1, 2, 3 and go!" I burst out laughing.
Thankfully we decided to wind up for the day.
I just know now how tough it is to shoot a movie. Of course, the people involved might all be experienced or trained unlike us, but just look at the amount of effort that should go in to produce a 3 hour movie while we struggling our lives out to produce a movie for 2 1/2 minutes!!!!
And I knew another thing today.
I shouldn't ever try to act in front of a camera! :)
Whew, what a day!!!!!

1 comments:

Anu said...

Hope this post sees my comment! Esteemed comment..;)) hee hee...