Desperation!

, , 3 comments
Ok, so before any of you get absurd ideas, let me tell you what I'm so desperate about...my computer! That mad thing never seems to get right and today it's exactly a month old, and it hasn't given me anything but problems ever since I got it. Problems with installing the OS, installing MS Office, activating this and that, getting anti virus softwares, anti ad-wares and spy-wares (whatever the heck they are!)... whew! This thing has driven me so crazy that this is the second blog I'm writing on this topic.
And now some testing for it: I've pulled the computer's CPU out of its cozy, warm place and stretched out the cables and am testing it with my room mate's network(she'll be in for quite a shock if she comes in right now!) and periodically giving responses to the university's computer center. They won't send any guy to look up at the problem unless it's a fault of my network point.
Well, I think, let me review the whole problem from the beginning. The damned internet works as soon as I switch the computer and miraculously disappears after 5 or 10 mins, though my messengers still work. Surprising, and I'm dumbstruck. The poor guy in the computer center's helpdesk whom I've been bugging has said everything his tiny mind can think of, but none of these could solve my problem. And every batch mate and every senior I know has told me something.... but my haughty computer refuses to budge and start functioning properly. I've now done everything(almost, I guess!) in my power to try to get it working. I've exchanged LAN cables with my roomie, changed settings to the n different number of settings my friends suggested, downloaded all possible free anti viruses and anti spywares and refreshed the page a thousand times. At the end of it all, I do as my last resort, bribing God to the little I can : simple prayers don't seem to help! No, even God doesn't seem to respond I guess, He is enjoying the good show.
As I try to complete this blog also, all I'm doing is keeping my fingers, toes and everything possible crossed, praying that at least this experiment gives proper results and ultimately gets my computer working. Well, one first step towards my prayer to be fulfilled is this blog getting published!
P.S: Sorry for those who got bugged in between.
And for those who came till here, thanx!!!

3 comments:

The Last Blogger said...

My bro in India told me about a similar problem in our home machine. Did you get a fix yet ?

hUmDiNgEr said...

hmm....electronic devices...they are simply great...once they start working..nothing like it..but if they create some issue..god only knows...

btw...if you are really having probs with intermittent internet connection...

my 0.02$ suggestion

check your LAN card..which you might have already done..

why dont you try an individual connection other than LAN and see??
Try to get out of the NW and see...

Vani Viswanathan said...

umm...
thanks for the suggestions, even if they're worth just $0.02..the prob is i'm in the university so i can't really use any connection than the lan they've given me..
hope it starts working soon! :(