For you, Anu!

, , 1 comment
A 24 year old girl asked me why my blog did not really contain any mention of her. So, this piece, written about two months back, goes out for her.
The earliest memories I have of my sister I have are when I was two or three years old. But earlier photographs carry pictures of a smiling me being held by a beaming sister. Hmm...maybe she was beaming then, but how would she have felt when I was born?
Well, going by the norms, I can guess that she would have been a little(a teeny weeny, little bit) jealous of all the attention given to me. But that girl is also said to have cried on my naming ceremony, refusing to go to school, finally getting a slap from my dad. (Yeah, who wouldn't make a fuss, with a darling like me around?)
Things did go on fine for a couple of years or so, as she laboriously pedalled me along with her on her cycle to and back from school. But soon things turned and it was my turn to be jealous of her. This happened as she progressed to higher levels in school - to her ninth and tenth grades. I was green with all the attention she got while studying, going for her exams, so on and so forth, my favourite line of argument being that one could go to higher grades only after doing well in the lower grades (as though nobody knew that!), while demanding that more attention be given to me. This jealousy reached its near peak when she finished her school and was all set to go to BITS , Pilani for her college education. The very preparations for her college were enough for me to throw tantrums everyday - her new clothes, her new shoes, new EVERYTHING!- i wanted everything too. My anger was great enough for my parents to hide all the new stuff they bought for my sister then. The scenario turned for the worse when they left me with my grandparents for a week, while they accompanied my sister to her college. I couldn't believe what was happening! Can't that "grown-up" girl take care of herself! Why leave me, the baby, the kid, all alone without dear 'momma' for a week!
Well, this will pass, time said. And it did. As I progressed with time, all my sour feelings for her were reducing. And what developed was a wonderful relationship with someone whom I had never recognized with this face before. Who was once a girl I considered my source of irritation now became into a nice soul.
Soon blossomed one of my closest friendships with anyone in my life. Now as I think of all the fuss I made, I smile. She is now my closest confidante, one whom I can trust most of things with, one whom I can share anything with. Jealousy? Ha...
Neither she nor I can believe that we have come to trust each other with some things....Guess it's all a part of maturity from both our sides....This is for you, akku!

1 comments:

Anu said...

hey honey...thankoooo sooo much!:)i am SOoooo thrilled..!!:))