Misunderstood

, , 9 comments
The one thing I hate is to be misunderstood; of course, nobody likes to be misunderstood, but sometimes I feel I get quite a lot of this share of being misunderstood. Take some time, people, don't jump into conclusions. See me the way I am.
Does anyone who's quiet have to be shy? Is just talking the sign of being a jovial person? Why I'm always branded as a shy person is something I've never understood. Just the fact that I don't go talking to every soul I meet is NOT a winning formula to conclude that I'm a shy girl. Wait, you don't know me yet, don't jump into conlusions; I'm not how you perceive I am.
Does anyone who's quiet also have to be calm? This generalization surprises me like hell; most of the quiet people I know almost forever have a turmoil raging in their heads, and this sometimes includes me also. Not every tensed person has to show her anger by screaming or running around and pulling the whole place down. If I'm quiet, beware, I'm angry or I'm tensed and NOT calm, by jove, no way. Don't jump into conclusions.
And what is this thing about me not being confident or taking initiatives? A confident person doesn't have to go about with her head high forever, looking at the sky...a person willing to take initiatives doesn't have to go out of the way asking people things, just to take initiatives; people, are different. Wait and know me, don't jump into conclusions.
And what is being conservative and what is being open and modern? Is wearing hep, revealing clothes and drinking vodka modern, and is wearing the nicities and smirking at drinks conservative? Again, each of these words have their own definitions; I agree, they vary with people, but before you brand me into any of these, think twice; you don't know me, don't jump into conclusions.
I don't know why, but there seem to be a lot of things I miss in life because of this erred shell that people cast me into; I'm not a conservative, shy, calm, a never-confident, a-never-takes-initiative- girl......I'm quite the opposite...me and my sister, sometimes seen in the same frame, just because we don't show our characters in the way people usually perceive them; again, people, I am different, you don't know me, don't jump into conclusions. Take the time, see me the way I am, before you put me unfairly in any of those wrong shells where I was never supposed to be.
See me the way I am.

9 comments:

Anu said...

Thatz more or less my profile description at Orkut!! And this post, Frustration all over!! Relax dear..Never mind, you can't please all people in the world..and those who like you as a person will always come to u..Just scrap the rest..

reNUka said...

cool it buddy!!! cool it :-)

The Last Blogger said...

Hey ,
Happens all the time, esp when you have talkative siblings :)
Also, remember, you are what you are..and really your actions while reflecting a part of you, arent true and complete representations.
What the heck if someone interprets your actions in any particular way. Who cares ?

PS: I do not know if you have a sibling and if he or she is talkative. Just a general comment.

Vani Viswanathan said...

Last Blogger,
hahaha...
My sis is kinda worse than me when it comes to being talkative, i could say i score better!But again, she could get talkative too, if she wants, so even she is a part of this whole misunderstanding thing!!!

laugelina said...

hello

your problem could be either that you are very precise in defining personality, which is not a problem at all, it is great, but not very popular, as people tend to like generalities. This I know by experience... (is it being intense always means being possesive?)

But maybe your problem is quite the opposite (I suspected that option after encounter repeatedly the "Im different, dont jump into conclusions") and you dont want to define who you are, or least you want others to define who you are.

what do you think is the case?

LL

hUmDiNgEr said...

haha..
I dont know why you are bothered some much about your perception of others'perception of yours.
People are impatient and they dont want to spend time on understanding someonelse.
Plz dont explain...your frns dont need it and others..dont matter...

REFLEX said...

Let me out 2 quotes and take one which is suitable for the situation of ur blog.

1. If someone speaks of you unkindly, say to him, 'Thank you. Only a friend would complain against me at the cost of his own inner peace.

2. If someone criticizes you, reply, 'Thank you for your suggestion. I will think about it.' In that way you haven't necessarily said that you agree. All you've said is that you are keeping your mind open.

Ignore is the best option I can suggest if u come across any criticism.

Vani Viswanathan said...

Hmm..thanks, reflex! That seems to be a good idea to follow!!

REFLEX said...

Vani,
The numbered quotes are from some Saint and the lat one is mine. Thanx for ur comment.